Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fot those of us in the downtown Boston area, Stoddard's on Temple Place is having a winter sale. 25% off all scissors, 15% off everything in the flyshop. Not a big materials shop but worth a look if you are nearby.....

BTW, I was told today by Phil Klug, the flyshop manager that they are the oldest, continiously operating tackle shop in the USA. 200 years.... I'd like a chance to rummage through their backrooms someday!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Bob, they have more stuff than you can see, ask Phil to look thru the bucktails, etc... they are in some drawers over by the books. they also have a good supply of rod building stuff. I used to spend many a lunch break in Stoddards. Tom D
P.S. Phil is a great guy, and will help you a great deal if you need advise on fishing,rods,reels,tying, etc... tell him I said "hi"

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tom,
One of the items I picked up there was the first true "olive" bucktail I've seen in a year... and some nice marabou to match! He's also stocking the Tiemco 600SP black nickle hooks in sizes from 1/0 to 6/0. Has those in the small 10/12 packs and in 25 packs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts