Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would appear that this site consists of mostly "lurkers". I see lots of posts. 90% of them have 100+ views with no comments. I think this site has the potential to do well if you could encourage discussion. I see lots of forum threads on here that have nothing to do with fly fishing. These need to be directed to a more non-fly fishing category folder. A simple "welcome to the forum" post on a new member keeps people interested. I see numerous new member posts with several views and zero replies. Think of it as going to a party where you know no one. You're there for 30 minutes. There's a hundred people at the party. You have 75 people look at you, and not a one says a word. You're probably not going to stay. You'll find another party where people are more interactive with you and welcoming.

I participate in another forum that is losing members due to site compatibility with the latest browser upgrades. I'm on a new Mac and the site I use now takes too long to open or doesn't open at all. It's the same on my laptop (not a Mac), so it's not just the Mac Safari that is the issue. The site is full of active members who post in discussions regularly, but has dwindled quite a bit due to this. Your site seems to work well with any browser or computer brand.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts