Fly Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to join me at the "honey hole" located in the span between the Sagamore Bridge and P-town ;D.

Chances are good that the you "won't come out the way you went in". Must have a Forum hat and be available for a day on the cape within the next two weekends during the times I specify.

Must reply to this thread, no email please (I am having trouble with it lately).

·
Wanna be striper bum
646 Posts
Juro,

I am not saying that I am looking to go on this next trip (1st time on this trip was a charm). However, I want to tell anybody who signs up for this adventure that they will not come out of the trip in the same state that they were in before embarking on the trip.

You may not catch a keeper during the trip but your addiction to catching stripers on the fly will certainly strengthen - by orders of magnitude. I know mine did!

Thanks again Juro.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
20,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There were no other anglers (of any gear type) and more big fish the day after. Things were better earlier than later and they were easier to reach because they were on the shelf. I hooked a fish in the mid-30"s on my third cast (lost trying to hand the rod off to my guest). He eventually landed his own cow. My wild-assed prediction is that this spot will get better for several more days then like all amazing things it will end until some phase of the season down the road. You can bet I will try it in autumn but I suspect it might not re-occur until next end-of-spring. One for the books for sure.

·
Banned
7,518 Posts
Please Mr. Juro.. I have never caught a keeper..can I come.. I am so nervious about this. What should bring? I have answered this post. My friend J. Morin let me use his handle to post this. He and I look alot alike... He will lend me the hat and his equipment... I look forward to it ... where will we meet.

·
Middle Aged Member
1,859 Posts
I guess I qualify. The one near keeper I didn't get to measure and the picture suggest its a little short. Plus, I'm in a terrible slump.

Regards,
Fred A.

·
Premium Member
20,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FredA (06-05-2001 06:14 p.m.):
I guess I qualify. The one near keeper I didn't get to measure and the picture suggest its a little short. Plus, I'm in a terrible slump.

Regards,
Fred A.
Yer' IN! Two more spots in my oversand sled...

·
Premium Member
20,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
striblue (06-05-2001 06:06 p.m.):
Please Mr. Juro.. I have never caught a keeper..can I come.. I am so nervious about this. What should bring? I have answered this post. My friend J. Morin let me use his handle to post this. He and I look alot alike... He will lend me the hat and his equipment... I look forward to it ... where will we meet.
If you know striblue well enough to use his handle you probably have more fish pictures on the wall than the aquarium! That's a lot - about half of what's hanging at the Chatham ANglers club ;-)

·
Premium Member
20,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to clarify, this is all just for fun... but I think it would be amusing to try! I wanted to call it the virgin clave but then no one would sign up ;D

Please do not construe this to be anything more than a fun event.

When one breaks the mark, he/she cheers the rest on and helps in any way possible. This might involve prospecting around the area to see if there are fish in nearby spots that the 'still virgins' might choose to try.

Watch - we'll have the micro day of the millenia! Who cares, it will be fun and if we pulled it off it could be the start of a new peak season tradition!

·
Flyfishing on the brain..
520 Posts
After spending part of the weekend with my three boys fishing and catching nothing, I guess I Qualify. I can honestly say I have never caught a keeper on a fly. No pressure to accomplish this Juro; good company and the learning experience is what I am looking for. Any weekend is open as of now. Lunch and beverages on me. J.D.

·
Wanna be striper bum
646 Posts
Dad,

Did I miss the adoption ceremony this weekend? Is Jeff now a Doogue?

Just kidding!

Get me a picture of you with a big fat striper.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
20,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OldDoogue (06-05-2001 07:23 p.m.):
After spending part of the weekend with my three boys fishing and catching nothing, I guess I Qualify. I can honestly say I have never caught a keeper on a fly. No pressure to accomplish this Juro; good company and the learning experience is what I am looking for. Any weekend is open as of now. Lunch and beverages on me. J.D.
Done! Glad I can do something to say thanks for your contributions at the Spring Clave.

Looking forward to it.

·
Banned
7,518 Posts
Oh well.. don't I get "A" for effort... I'm sorry, I could'nt help it. I feel so bad trying to be sneaky.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Just for the record, odd as it is, I have the hat, and do not have the keeper notch carved yet. No Juro, I personally do not hold that fish on Big Girl as being landed. And somehow , having caught 100 in the 25-28" range last year doesn't add up to one lousy keeper. If it's a day I can get away, and someone drops out I'll do it.

TerryW

·
Banned
7,518 Posts
.Terry.. don't forget your contribution to CAC. I will go right next to Gregs E.'s reel.

·
Premium Member
20,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fishinimpossible (06-06-2001 12:57 a.m.):
Juro,
I hope I am wrong, but you are soooooo jinxed!!!!!
LOL!!! Yes, I knew this even before posting but then again I've tested it three times and three times it has delivered when played right in the tide phase. It has the consistency of the Rip Trip but I fear it is a short seasonal opportunity. My wild-hair guess is that it will hold until mid-June. Fingers, toes, crossed. ;-)

Terry, John -

I am working on a possible way to expand out rider count, will reply a bit later on today.

·
Registered
230 Posts
(Un?)fortunately I don't qualify for this trip, but I will probably be on the cape this weekend, so Juro, if you wind up heading out to this 'honey hole' this weekend let me know. I don't really need a seat- i'll sit on the bumper or hang onto your trailer ball or something :);D

Matt

D

·
0 Posts
Hi Juro,
I qualify and would love to go if the trip runs during Fathers day weekend.
Dave Williams

1 - 20 of 45 Posts