Fly Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This massive coho was caught in the hatchery trap on the NF Clackamas River in Oregon. It weighed 30.5 pounds.

Picture courtsey of Steve Hanson ( [email protected] )

We knew the fish would be big this but this big??? Holy Cow!!! A good freind of mine caught on 21.5 out of the Snohomish a couple weeks ago and Ive heard of a few coho being caught on the OP that have gone over 30. One of which was a hatchery fish. Rumor has it that the Indians netted a 28 pound hatchery coho on the Dungeness.

Ohhhh to catch one of these monsters on the bugrod in the river. Could you even land it if you hooked up???

I cant wait for those Satsop fish show. I might have to get down there with some big lead eye rabbit leaches... :)

·
Premium Member
20,594 Posts
Can you imagine that thing chrome bright and streamlined before hormones took over out in the pacific?

Satsop: Float it, work the confluence pool hard.

·
Registered
372 Posts
seem to lots of big coho this year a friend of mine got a 41 incher out on the penninsula. probably a state record but he had a member of the Hoh tribe smike it for him ,It was missing a fin :O)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob, I would have loved to have seen a picture of that fish.

Anyways, unlike the 30.5 this was sport caught (not on the fly though), nickle bright with sea lice and a hatcery fish as well. They keep on coming.

Photo Courtsey of Bob Ball ( [email protected] ), www.piscatorialpursuits.com

·
Registered
740 Posts
HOLY CRUD

I'm leaving this office early today no ifs and or butts

·
Registered
372 Posts
hmmm i wonder if the Washougal is blown right now??? ok rounding up my bright stuff gonna go take a look fresh coho sounds good for dinner.
if it's hatchery bonk it on the head
Rob

·
Premium Member
20,594 Posts
They're probably milling around and jumping in that lower basin down by the mouth if it isn't blown out. That seems like quite the spot for freshly arriving silvers, although I was there in early summer and there were bright steelhead upriver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts