Fly Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For now anyway... the intellicast weather forecast has given us a pardon of execution (or should I say electrocution) by calling for ptly cloudy skies on Sunday.

Keep your appendages crossed, and we will stay the course for the Pops day outing as originally planned.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The titanium screw in my shoulder seems to agree with the weather forcast...LET'S GO FISHING!

If any FFF member wants to drive down SATURDAY PM before the early SUNDAY assault, I have a room reserved in Dennisport. Share the digs and arrive fresh and ready to go.
E-mail before 1800 Friday or find me at the Big Girl Sushi Bar on Saturday...
World Class Snorers need not apply.

·
Premium Member
20,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So can I fart but not snore? ^_^

But wait... what if YOU are a world class snorer? ;D

All kidding aside...

Snoring is a funny side-effect of fishin' trips, some take it harder than others when someone snores, and some have never heard themselves snore so they figure they don't. I think the whole thing is amusing.

We were on a trip with some one who "never snores" and thus was afforded sleeping accomodations accordingly. Well, he fell asleep first - talk about a buzz saw! Good thing we were in logging country or the townfolk would have been alarmed.

I have been on both sides of the equation.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Way back in the late 1900's I was crewed with a navigator called Doctor Doom...he snored so loud I had to move my mattress into the bathroom and put in ear plugs and towels under the door...even kept the folks in adjacent rooms awake.

But I hear ya'. I'll bring ear plugs (and duct tape)...

·
Premium Member
20,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No association intended toward you with my meant-to-be whimsical treatise of nasal noisemaking, I just meant to say that the whole snoring thing has been the source of much amusment over the 20 or so years of official and unofficial claving I have been guilty of instigating.

Here is a picture of the type of mirth that some guys will resort to on a fishing trip...

^_^

·
Flyfishing on the brain..
520 Posts
Judging from the Heineken bottles, that pic was not taken in the States. Right or wrong?

~Beerman-Gearman-Doogue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts