Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
Good morning,
A Coho venture sounds interesting! One idea might be the Port Townsend area. There are many hotels and excellent camp grounds in the area plus great places to eat. Indiaan Island has its canal where many silvers and searuns are caught from shore by fly. There is a lot of shore fishing around the Hood Canal bridge and Hood Canal looks like a very hot silver spot this year. Nice thing about it is that its a more centeral spot to get to than further out on the strait and if the weather gets nasty you have far more places to choose from to keep out of the wind. Also the sea run fishing is just increadible. Don't know what the local flyguys would think of a lot of us showing up but they are all very nice folks and might even help with advise. There is a great fly fishing club over there and i can ask some of the members for advise on Kayak rentals, camp grounds and local flyshops. Just a an idea about a really great area to stay and fish for a couple of days. If this get together happens would love to see a lot of the guys from your saltwater site come out and fish with us.
O.C.

· Registered
131 Posts
Juro,
If you are interested I will be in Brinon those weekends you mentioned. I'll be working on my sloop but always find time to take the canoe out at this time of year. Usually go out at first light for a couple of hours on Sunday and sometimes on Saturday evening. If you want to go it would be no problem putting you up for a couple of days. By the way the reports are very good on the Hood Cannal with lots of surface feeding and plenty of bait to keep bigger than average size Silvers happy.
OC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.