Fly Fishing Forum banner

Edisto Beach - Inshore Salt Water Fly Fishing

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  bacmb 
#1 ·
Hello all!

I'm a relative newcomer to salt flyfishing. I've done a little mountain stream fishing for trout, but that's about it. I recently picked up a salt outfit 9' 9wt that I haven't had a chance to use yet. We're going to Edisto Beach State park camping next weekend, and would like to wet the line. I'll be wading or using a kayak. I've researched as best I can, but the most information I find for there is "“You never know what you’re gonna get when fishing here.” An array of fish including trout, flounder, blues, and even sharks can be caught here. Spotted sea trout, flounder and blues can be caught while surf fishing in late spring through early summer". I'd hoped to work on some redfish, but would be happy with whatever.

So my question is, not knowing what I'm after, how would one best rig the line? Or is this a pretty stupid approach - generalizing rather than deciding what I'm targeting? I have a variety of size appropriate flies that came with the outfit.

Thanks in advance!

Chuck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.