BoneClave 2009 - Page 4 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 10:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd
kayaks

if anyone is really interested,(if my schedule allows me to) I have 2 kayaks I could drag down . I'd tether them to the back of my boat for the trip over to the island. I won't even consider it if there isn't real interest.

Tom D
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2009, 12:17 PM

I'd like to make it this year but no boat. How does this work? Can the campsite be reached by kayak?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2009, 01:05 AM

yes it can

I remember a few years back someone did it in a yak. mostly people just let the boat owners know when they expect to be coming , we try and get you to meet at the same time as others, and we pick you up.

Tom D

still not sure I'm coming(at least for the whole thing)

Last edited by tomd; 09-13-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:32 AM

Talking YEAH!!!

I just got the green light for that weekend, my wife's work schedule got moved up so I'll be coming down Friday late afternoon till Sunday

Tom D
Old 09-14-2009, 07:46 PM

It's looking more and more like I can make it. I need some island time bad as every year seems to get busier.

Terry
Old 09-27-2009, 02:33 PM

Clave

well, other than the foretasted rain for late Sat., early Sun. I went to move my trailer Friday afternoon and the brakes had seized up... got that resolved and about to go, when I notice my registration expired...GRRRRRRRRR so I had to rethink everything. Ok, so now I'm thinking "how I load everything in my kayak", by the time I get things ready, it's dark and I said f#@! it so I ended up doing a Sat. day trip down. I did end up with what I called a Waquoit Slam on Saturday though... 1 Albie, 1 Blue, and 1 Scup!!!

I ran into a few fellow clavers out on the water.
Man those Albies are finicky.

My thanks go to Neil for the long tow out to the jetties and back
Old 09-28-2009, 09:35 AM
2 handed Fly Chucker

Island time

Hey Guys,

Another BoneClave has come and gone, glad to see those that could make it out for the camping or the fishing. Wish I could have made it for the entire time, But we do what we can.

Thank you to those that gave me money for the campsite site fee I have now received alittle over half of the site fee re-imbursement.
The group dinner was spectacular as usual... we seemed to fill in all the holes well..

I was happy to see the albie action was so close that everyone had a shot, I managed to get one too on a silverside imitation.

My fri/Saturday wasn't much better then Tom's, lost phone in the ramp madness. First cast my rod tip went out with the fly line . Fortunately had a spare and was able to get some shots at the bustin fish. Although no fly rod for my son. Poison Ivy infection doubled, salt water helped dry it out alittle.

Windy out there and quite cold without the windscreen for my console when running, got chilled to the bone. Sports commitments saturday and sunday are getting absurd again.

Sorry to miss Grizz, Juro, Tom, Niel and whomever else I missed seeing for the feast Saturday night... Perhaps next year?

Tight lines, Greg

Last edited by GregD; 09-28-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:39 AM

1/2 of ?

Greg, how much are you out-of-pocket at this point?
Old 09-28-2009, 10:20 AM
2 handed Fly Chucker

Hi Todd,

I picked up $75 of the $134.25 with tax I put out.. I did reserve a couple extra days to guarantee the site was ours.. I think it was worth it..

I probably could have gotten the rest had I made it down Saturday. But I still had to go home to address the broken gear, poison ivy etc.....

Thanks, Greg
Old 09-28-2009, 08:13 PM

Fee

Hi Greg
I fully intended to make the Boneclave but my work and coaching schedule would not allow it. PM me with your address and I will send you a check to cover some of your cost.
Larry
aka shadfreak
Old 09-29-2009, 06:06 AM

Greg D - please PM me your address and I will send you a check. I was planning to go, but some things came up with family back in NY and I had to take the five hour drive out that way. I think it's great you took the initiative to secure the site.

Sorry I missed it.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:42 AM
2 handed Fly Chucker

Hi Larry & Fliboy,

Sorry other commitments or issues kept you away, I know as well as any.... all the things that can get in the way of getting to the Island to camp.

Thanks for the offer to help me out with the site re-imbursement, a few more $20's will do it. This unemployment thing isn't helping out much and getting old.

I'll send you a E-mail.

Thanks, Greg

Last edited by GregD; 09-29-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD
Hi Larry & Fliboy,

Sorry other commitments or issues kept you away, I know as well as any.... all the things that can get in the way of getting to the Island to camp.

Thanks for the offer to help me out with the site re-imbursement, a few more $20's will do it. This unemployment thing isn't helping out much and getting old.

I'll send you a E-mail.

Thanks, Greg

Greg, ditto for me.
Todd
Old 09-30-2009, 12:02 AM

paypal

Greg, do you have a paypal account I can just send the money to?

TomD
Old 10-02-2009, 01:13 PM

My ride fell through so I couldn't make it this year but didn't realize where Washburn Island was. I ended up fishing the mouth of the bay from a blue hobbie kayak on Saturday so in a way I did participate. Had 4 hook ups and landed two albies. It was very challenging but fun from the kayak and a good piece of exercise. The fish seemed to come closer to the yak and stay up longer around it versus the boats but the kayak is also a recipe for Murphy's law. Had the line caught around the rudder twice, lost one fish and was able to free the line the other time and land the fish. Last hook up appeared to be an albie, quick chase up top, long fast run and then nothing. Came back with a sliced leader and lost fly. I'm assuming it was a bluefish but certainly didn't hit or run like one. Had one guy say possible spanish but I've never caught any before. Albies were 6 or 7 pounds. Only thing that worked for me was to cast out with a straight leader and have the fly moving before it hit the water. Next year I plan to join on the island.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Home Waters
Your home waters
Current Favorite Fly
If you only had one... (change anytime)

Log-in