Joulters/ Red Bay Area - Fly Fishing Forum
Bonefish, Tarpon, and other Obsessions Turquoise water, silver demons on the fly

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2014, 10:27 AM

Joulters/ Red Bay Area

After about 20 Bahamas trips I'm finally heading to North Andros. Anyone have any particular colors / patterns you found particularly effective? Patterns he guides preferred. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2014, 10:36 AM

Silly-legs gotcha is the standard up there. There's been a LOT less pressure on bonefish in the Joulters in the last few years, so they're actually quite eager. I was just there last week: morning water on the flats was 74F, which is quite cold; working outside was more productive, but still slow. There was a ton of large cudas in the cooler water, for some reason.

We stumbled on a large school of dime-sized crab being worked by 10-20 permit from below. A very rare sight, but I was glad I had a crab match - it was a no-brainer once we got the pattern right.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:27 PM

Thanks Josko. I have been waiting for a bit less pressure. now just need a little fair weather next month. Congrats on the perms. Any pic of the go to fly? Good luck with the latest storm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2015, 08:47 AM

Doesn't matter much...

Big Gotcha's, those fish eat just about anything on the west. Stay there and avoid the joulters, Good luck and have fun, I just got back...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Home Waters
Your home waters
Current Favorite Fly
If you only had one... (change anytime)

Log-in