Fly Fishing Forum banner

Marlboro show?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  blindcurvw 
#1 ·
Who went and what didn't I miss?:razz: I originally said I wasn't going then I kind of talked myself into going,then I totally screwed up on the dates, I for some reason was thinking next week. I think subconsciously I didn't really want to go.I do hope to see you all at the Bearsden show.

#3 ·
I went Friday afternoon and caught Alan Caolo's presentation " Advanced sight fishing" which was very worthwhile, I also got to watch Michael Mauri's casting demo which I had seen last year and wanted to see again, he's quite extraordinary.
Other than that it was pretty much same old stuff, I did try the new Loomis and the new Hardy rods in a 5wt, I really don't see that they're very different from any other good 5 wt, maybe I'm numb but I found them unexciting, on the other hand I really liked the 10' 5wt Greys Streamflex nymphing rod, it was very smooth well turned out and under $300, an exceptional rod all around.
Disappointed, Sage,Scott, Winston, Orvis,Simms or any reel manufacturer not there, it's just fun to look at shiny objects all in one place.
Bears Den probably had the best booth with lots of everything, they had a new to me synthetic hair called SynYak which looks very nice and I bought a few colors.
So, if ya didn't go, not much missed.
Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.