Fly Fishing Forum banner

Smallmouth Help

9K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Domenic 
#1 ·
I am a novice fly fisher for smallmouth bass. I would like some info on smallmouth fly fishing Lake Winnipesaukee.I can't seem to get into them.
My boat is in Gilford. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Domenic

#2 ·
Hey Domenic! Long time buddy... It would have been easy during the spawn when fly-only C&R is in effect but now that August is here it's dawn, dusk top water or deep sinking lines in structure during the day with leeches, crayfish, clousers, etc.
I used to summer up there a lot as a youngster and anywhere you find a river or exchange of flow the summertime fishing is easier for smallies.
How far are you from Stonedam Island by boat?

#3 ·
Juro ,
My long lost buddy!!!!
I am right next to the Marine Patrol.I would say less than 10 min to that island.I have never been there.I bought an Aquasport 17 . Put on one of those saltwater gps trolling motors , and I am ready to go. I kind of figured low light conditions this time of year.Are you ever up there?If you are give me a call ,and we can hook up. I hope all is well with you. A lot has happened to me since we last saw each other.Are you down the Cape ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.