Fly Fishing Forum banner

das SCHMELDT...

7K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  polareyez 
#1 ·
schmeckt gut!...

See less See more
#27 ·
Thanks...that was helpful! just came up from the dungeon....successful, but not an easy tie in trying to figure out materials and steps....2nd time will be easier. The only deviation I did from your creation, was to use a mini rattle on the bottom as a keel and attractant.

Now we can both fish the phlats and have people come up to us and say..."what the *&^%$#@! is that? :smile:

#29 ·
Yes Warren they do....they see Gary's chatreuse creations from Morris island and yell over to NM...very distracting!!! :hihi: He has a blinding array of flies in that color. Spoke to him recently and he is tying a chatreuse crab pattern.
"If it's natural, it ain't no use" !!!
Have see his wedding pic...chartreuse tux.

Pete....tied a 2nd one...came out really well......tied it in tan for the flats...liked the double bead chain idea....got rid of the mini rattle and it lays flat now.
Will try olive next...for some reason, almost every shrimp fly I have caught a striper on, has been olive...go figure.
I really think this fly will produce....thanks for figuring it out.
Ron
PS: put it in your book

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.