Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Long Island, Bahamas
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 07:59 PM

Juro,
The lodge was quite nice and about 6 years old. It is 2 seperate 2 story buildings. on the bottom floor of one is the dining room, kitchen and bar. above that are four rooms, 2 of them on the water. our rooms were clean and bright. there were 2 f/q beds in each, dresser, small table with chairs and a full bath. the other building has 4 rooms on each floor, 4 on the water. There is a balcony/wrap around porch on each floor allowing for outside sitting/viewing. The food was good. our package included 3 meals a day so we didn't sample any of the local spots. the dining area has a tv/vcr/dvd with cable so you can stay in touch with the outside world if you desire. no broadband internet connection. didn't try dial up. it has a nice pool in the back.
my wife (didn't go) is into dogs (agility) i tried to get her into flyfishing but it didn't last long. my fishing partner is a friend who gets to fish 100+ days a year.
here is a link to some of the pictures http://www.cardigan-corgis.com/Eric%20in%20Bahamas.htm
it can be booked through bucaneer travel but we found out a better deal can be scored booking direct with the lodge. Dwyane and Samantha Knowles [email protected] lodge number is 242.337.6278
Eric