Fly Fishing Forum banner

Breathable Waders at the $150 mark

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Breathables at this price point are getting fairly common (Redington, Ronny, Cabelas, etc) -

Who's tried them and what would you share with other FORUM members?

#2 ·
I used orvis Clearwaters and found them pretty much useless. I was going through 2+ pairs per season. All credit to Orvis, they'd replace them for free every time. They finally 'upgraded' me to the hopefully tougher 'Pro waders' We'll see how they hold up.
One way to get cheap good waders: get Orvis, rip them up and bring them back until they upgrade you to a better pair

#3 ·
Last year I got a pair of Cabelas dry-plus breathable waders and am very happy with them. Ilike Josko would go through 2 pair a year so spending a lot of money was out of the qustion and Cabelas will stand behind what they sell. All I know is I would rather attempt a death march with them then the old heavy rubber waders of years past.

#4 ·
On durability, the OS Systems (non-breathbles) I have are the toughest I've ever used and if the first pair makes it thru this season that'll be nine. They planned to do breathables a couple years back but last year I was disappointed to hear they did not come out with them as planned.

I'm gonna write them again to see what the status is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.