Chatham; this week - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2001, 01:15 PM
Just Plain Nuts

Chatham; this week

Had a great week. Fished Thursday at the point past the point. Pull some good fish up to 34 inches. FridayI met up with Bob Pink and Jeff Roop. We fished all morning. All of us pulled good fish. Hey Roopster, thanks for the tip. On Saturday, I hooked up with John Morin and Todd Murphy. The day looked promising, but thunder boomers drove us off the water. Bummer. Todd is Aces. Casting lessons and great fishing all in one. Sunday I met up with John. Great day. Check his thread for details. Monday I was out early and back early. Pulled a couple of decent fish then took the family to MV. Out early today and fish real hard. Came up with zero. The spin and bait guys didn't do any better.
The invasion of the in-laws has begun. The sister in law was at the house when I got back today. I was just informed that the mother and father in law arrive later in the week. The brother's in law and their crews arrive Saturday. My place sleeps 6. PRAY FOR ME!

Jimmy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2001, 07:44 PM

Jimmy,
Great meeting up with you last week and exploring some new territory. That's what it's all about. Hope the rest of the vacation goes well in spite of the in-laws
Old 08-07-2001, 07:59 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Hope you can get the rip trip in... they can't find you there!
Old 08-07-2001, 09:01 PM
Recent Member

Was out there on Monday, fished sand bars down from the point at low tide, plenty of action with stripers in the 22" to 26" class. Headed over to South beach at 10:00 and again plenty of action until noon. Fishing dropped way off in the afternoon. My first time fishing in the fog was quite an eerie feeling. Being way out on a bar, out of sight of the shoreline, I checked my location twice knowing that the rising tide would cut me off. Will pick up a pin on compass tomorrow. I hope this heat does not put them down. Keith mentioned that North Monomoy had not been producing........DennisS
Old 08-07-2001, 09:07 PM
President of CAC

Jimmy... I will be down Friday night... you can always sleep out on south beach if the cottage gets too crowded...we need to get Todd lined up for the tuna trip... I will try to contact him this week and you are signed up for the rip trip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.