Tragic day for me - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2003, 06:54 PM
President of CAC

Tragic day for me

Out sick for a couple days and I get into work this morning and my young associate is not in..I find out he was scheduled for a half day so I blow it off,, About 2 another young lawyer comes in and tells me that Jeff was at the Warwick night club last night....and no one has heard from him...his parents and relatives are scattered around the country... I call the disaster center... well ..he is unaccounted for...but his car had just been towed to the police station...later I find out the family has been requested to obtain his dental records. The video of the fire had identified him up in front of the Stupid band... Ossie Osborn is not that funny...A great kid , polished ,mature, bright and a real pro for his age... I would always tell him as my father did to me... "don't do as I do just do as I say".. He was going places.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2003, 07:01 PM
Fly chucker

The whole episode is a tragedy, but it it's even more so when somebody you know is involved.

I'm sorry John. I wish there was some way to help ease your pain.

Take care.
Old 02-21-2003, 08:11 PM

John, I saw the story unfold, a very tragic event. I grieve for the people, and the families involved. A disaster that should never had happened.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:04 PM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
John,
So sorry to hear about this. This whole thing has been an unbelievable tragedy. Especially being young and attending these sorts of things. Counting my blessings and sending my thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of this man as well as the others.

Nick
Old 02-21-2003, 09:20 PM

Sweet Jesus ....

I knew several people, via business, that were in the World Trade Center, and it still isn't easy thinking about how ..
fae
Old 02-21-2003, 09:37 PM

John, It's a very sad day from many families. It was a horrific tragedy. I hope some good can come from such a huge loss. Perhaps a stricter enforcement of fire codes, but that doesn't help the survivors much.
When I first heard the news I thought immediately of my oldest daughter who goes to school in the are. It sure was good to hear her voice.
Truely frightening.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:39 PM

I'm sorry John. Just awful.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:39 PM
President of CAC

Thanks Guys... I can almost see him walk in on Monday Morning and tell me he shacked up....but I really know that will not happen.
Old 02-21-2003, 10:15 PM
Flats Rat

John, my deepest sympathy. Words always seem so innadequate at times like these.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:01 PM
"chicks dig scars"

not really gone

john,

sorry for your loss...when i lost my fishing buddy and couple of years ago, his wife told me, "He's not gone, he's just gone on ahead to make sure the water is right. He's just around the next bend...he'll wait for you" We don't loss people in our lives, they just move on to another place we God needs them more than we do.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:57 AM

If you live in Rhody.... This will touch you somehow with friends or relatives. It's such a small state for it not to happen.

After watching just three interviews of concert goes who attended, I recognize one former student. He had been looking for a friend of his for some twelve hours. He found his friend at Rhode Island Hospital Trama Center. You would have thought it would be one of the happy ending in all this tragedy. Then he says, "His three month pregnant girl friend was in there too.

This is just one example. And the state hasn't released any other names yet.
Old 02-22-2003, 02:26 AM

I live and grew up in West Warwick. In fact I grew up a few streets behind this club. I used to frequent it quite often until a year or so ago when I settled down a bit. I am very afraid of who I might find on that list. My girlfriend works in a local dentist office and heard quite a few heart breaking tales yesterday.
Old 02-22-2003, 05:52 AM

John,

There's nothing I can say other than I am sorry for the loss of your firend, his family's loss and all the other families.

Our thoughts are with you and all of them.

Roop
Old 02-22-2003, 06:01 AM
Middle Aged Member

That's pretty sad John. The whole story is unbelievable.
Old 02-22-2003, 06:03 AM
President of CAC

Timing can be everything... when this came up I spoke with the company president and I recalled a story to him about how my father who was originally class of 44 from BC...but actually 48 because of service..had decided not to go to the Coconut Grove because a previously undefeated BC football team had lost to Holy Cross. So most of the students and the whole team did not go.... Instead The Holy Cross football team went... then he interupts and tells me his Father and Uncle played on that Holy Cross team and WENT to the Coconut Grove..... But they left early..........that saved their lives. There is no answer and there are to many ""What If's".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.