Marabou Tying Class - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-04-2003, 01:29 PM

Marabou Tying Class

A few weeks ago I was luck enough to have Faith Roland in my boat on a trip to the Hoh river. For those of you who have not met Faith she has been mentored by the legends of the sport in the art of Steelhead fly tying and when you look at her fly box you realize the teachings took root. The flies Faith ties have to be seen to be believed, they are beautiful and effective. She is especially fond of Marabou patterns and can put a Marabou fly together which puts my friends and I to shame. Happily she has agreed to put on an evening class in the art of tying with marabou. The class will be Wednesday February 12, 6:30-9:00pm, at River Run Anglers 3946 Tolt Ave Carnation, WA (425)333-4446. Go to speyshop.com for directions if you need them. Best of all, the class is FREE!

Please email babar@speyman.com or call me at (425) 922-5413 to reserve space.

Speyman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2003, 01:51 PM

Speyman, Would you be kind enough to take notes and or pictures for those of us on the east coast? Maribou is one of my favorite materials and I'm always up to learn more about using it.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Pullin' Thread

Faith is an excellent tyer, and unless I am mistaken, she honed her tying skills under the tutiledge of her at one-time fiancee Joe Butoric. She is also a very good fly fisher and a very nice human being.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
flytyer-
You are correct...

Joe and Faith spent much time on the river together and Joe was probally one of the most underrated fishermen of our time...Joe was a great steelhead fisherman whether it was with fly or gear and Joe was also an excellent salmon fisherman.

Plus, Joe asked for no fame and was very humble...he was also always so open with his knowledge.

Anyways...sorry about my tangent!...Joe is greatly missed!
Old 02-04-2003, 10:57 PM
Pullin' Thread

Ryan,

Yes, I miss seeing Joe and talking to him too. Anytime I ran into him, whether on stream, a show, or a shop it was an enjoyable and informative visit. Although those of us who knew him also know that Joe had no time for pretenders or braggerts, and he would dispatch both with his sharp tongue. Faith on the other hand has always been the gentle lady.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.