MDJ Jan 29, 2003 - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2003, 05:41 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

MDJ Jan 29, 2003

After a hard day of casting and kicking back, roballen, lastcaststeve, andre, and doublespey take a moment to kick back some more at the Sandy River Clave, OR last May.

Crusty - I sure enjoyed that cup, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2003, 07:27 AM

Motley Crue without the big hair!

Look forward to experiencing those western waters one day.

Roop
Old 01-29-2003, 11:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to neac9 Send a message via Yahoo to neac9
And yet another alcohol related photo
You guys ever think of getting Anhiser Bush to do an add for the board.
Hot days cool night and the fishing stories flow much smoother when the other guy is smashed. Give'm a BUD
Old 01-30-2003, 08:06 AM
Fluff

Both those refreshments look to have gold labels and shorter names; methinks the western contingent patronize the mountain water gods
Old 01-30-2003, 09:21 AM
President of CAC

Having given up the stuff years ago I am not inclinded to focus on it anymore.. whether others drink or not... nor am I to comment on each post that I see alcohol in it. Know what I mean ?
Old 01-30-2003, 10:49 AM
Fluff

neac, this isn't a pig-pile, so don't misunderstand it. But, why the regular mention of what spirit or brew whomever happens to have in their hand as they spend time, enjoying friends and relaxing??? Now it's this thread; it also came up over the pic from Striblue's back porch - you are joking, right?
Old 01-30-2003, 11:22 AM
Fly chucker

I seem to recall a reference to Eddie's water bottle in the photo with Kenny Abrames too.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:55 AM
Jonesin...

Different strokes...

I don't want to start anything here but it seems to me that it is just a matter of different senses of humor. I often joke about smoking a joint to slow down my casting stroke which always lands with mixed reviews depending on the audience. If you have a problem with someones sense of humor or question their motives, might a quick PM might be the better route? It seems that making the statement in the thread just leads to long threads that go way off topic. Which seems to be the case here.

Sean
Old 01-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I have had the benefit of talking to Gerry at the show, where in fact our photo gallery had a couple of images of post-fishing libations and it was a running joke, meant in jest I'm sure.

Not there is anything to defend here, but the truth is we are such low-volume consumers despite being high-volume jesters that believe me, any references to alchohol are lost on us!

I've spent some serious time in some remote places with many people in this community and I have yet to meet one whom I would consider to have alchohol issues.

That says a lot, considering the number of people in the forum!

But we do have a serious problem... a FISHING addiction!
Old 01-30-2003, 01:21 PM
Fluff

Well, the arc is about to get wider, then.

If that's the case, then the mention of whomever handling whatever spirit or malt, wherever, whenever, should never have been mentioned in the first place, OR Jerry!!! should have back-door Pm'ed it - which would have served the multiple purpose of (a) avoiding, (b) negating, and (c) removing the aggravation in the first place, let alone the time it took the several querulous posters to challenge or opine, regarding Jerry's method or motive, as well as eliminating your need to quash it by suggesting it be Pm'ed.

If you have a problem with my motives as a poster, I expect to be challenged, so why not have a problem with the motives of the antagonist, or is the tongue-in-cheek obvious to you and Jerry and no one else. Kinda like opening Pandora's Box.

Oh, and by the bye, I only drink on two occasions - when I'm alone or with someone. Try to figure out whether I'm joking or serious.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:30 PM
President of CAC

Lets forget it..... I am sure Jerry and the rest of us would rather be Fishing.... and tying.... ..I remember meeting Jerry now... he had better make a CAC appearance this year....
Old 01-30-2003, 08:51 PM
Flyfishing on the brain..

As the resident FFF expert on this matter....

I am surrounded by more alcohol, at work, on a daily basis than most of you will see in your lifetime.

No matter how many times you brush your teeth I can tell what particular category of adult beverage you finished off with last night within the first few words out of your mouth the next morning(my wife didn't believe this until recently when I proved it beyond a reasonable doubt. That's a story for a different time).

I can say without question that I've never met a member of this board, in any setting, that had overindulged or had the tell tale signs of a drinking problem. Alcohol is not inherently evil. The habits of the person abusing it are what gets us in trouble.

I don't think Jerry was picking a fight, I could be wrong. Hopefully this thread will fade away and all will be forgotten.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:11 PM
Here fishy fishy

Spring training starts in two weeks! This could be the year fellow Sox fans!!!
Old 01-30-2003, 10:20 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
After a hard day on the flatz/river...

It's really nice to gather up, compare notes, trade stories, make excuses, stretch reality...whatever!
Part of this "social experience" is kicking back and sipping some sudz, some most excellent CAC fresh brewed Java, lighting up a stogie, or whatever feels right. Thoughtful moderation prevails!
It's a very pleasant part of the day and a great chance to actually get to better know your fishing pals...the environment is much more camera-user-friendly, hence, the proponderance of "social gathering" shotz...a fact of life! 'wouldn't change a thing...
The days that I fish solo, my return (to the comforts of Area 61) is always good...but when there is a table of friends at the CAC (or where ever) it's even better...the total experience is complete and the gathering is like a good desert after a swell meal...
If you haven't been there, you'll just have to take my word for it.
If you have been there, you know what I'm talking about and appreciate the icing on the cake!
When ever I had to fly my USAF aluminum overcast TARGET into harms way, when it was all over it was customary to buy some crew bonding beer and spend post mission crew time decompressing.
In all my years of dodging and weaving, I've never met a more in-control, level headed group of focused friends...REMARKABLE!
The only thing I'd change...make Summer SOONER & LONGER!

Last edited by Penguin; 01-30-2003 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:35 PM

Talking

With my user name i am keeping out of this one

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.