Chatham Light---7/ - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2001, 11:39 AM
President of CAC

Chatham Light---7/

Another morning.... met Bob (Reno) at the parking lot at the light house at 5 AM and we started our walk and fished along the way.. stopped at the point.. south Beach.. and a couple other spots.... same as yesterday... no fish... tide starting to move quickly so I take Reno out to yesterdays spot... still tide to early... It's about 7:30 or 8 and we get a few bumps. Then I hook up first and land a 36 incher..Bob is next ...with a 36 incher.. I miss one... he hooks up again with another 36 incher and finishes the day with a a 33 and 27 incher. A great morning... home by 10:15
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2001, 11:56 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

John - Stop posting now. }>

note: smily, indicating JOKE
Old 07-24-2001, 12:09 PM

Hey Juro, Can we get a "emoticon" that shows a guy biting his tongue. Insert it HERE.

Lefty

ps. John...sharing?
Old 07-24-2001, 12:18 PM

John,

I can't stand it anymore and I have to say what you're doing is unkind to say the least.

Friends - John is just playing a trick on you all. He has been getting skunked each and every day of his vacation. The light is as dead as a doorknob.

Email me and I'll give you directions to where the real fish are out on Nauset.

Roop
Old 07-24-2001, 12:32 PM
Here fishy fishy

John,

You...are...killing...me...

Back to work, I am...
Old 07-24-2001, 02:11 PM

Man you guys are bursting my bubble. I thought this BB was about comradrie and the sharing of info. My, my ....
Let the truth be know, I'll never deliberately decieve anyone ... I might just not say anything ... but anyways ... Chatham is BASS CITY!! I may stop down tonight in fact.

There were guys there this weekend who had never caught a bass in their lives who were catching keepers ! Maybe some of them were familiar to you.

Just watch out for the high swell on the bars ... its easy to get knocked down if you aren't a strong wader... extra weight helps hold you on the bar!
Old 07-24-2001, 02:52 PM

Really John,
Your killing the majority of us!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you, but please, ENOUGH!!!!!!
Honestly,I hope this tear continues for the rest of your week. Hopefully it can carry over for those only fortunate enough to fight over sand bar space with other devoted fisherman for this up and coming weekend.
Last weekend I was trying to be the polite flyfisherman and not crowd in on some spin casters area. But of course I got the low end of the stick as two other fly throwers got on top of these guys shoulders to fit into that ideal spot.
It is starting to get pretty cut-throat out there!!!
What a shame..
Brian Z.
Old 07-24-2001, 03:39 PM

Quote:
MikeF (07-24-2001 02:11 p.m.):
Man you guys are bursting my bubble. I thought this BB was about comradrie and the sharing of info. My, my ....

Let the truth be know, I'll never deliberately decieve anyone ... I might just not say anything ... but anyways ... Chatham is BASS CITY!! I may stop down tonight in fact.
[/b]
Chatham is bass city? No kidding? I thought that was the topic of this thread... why it IS! }>
Old 07-24-2001, 04:28 PM
President of CAC

Mike ,I think the guys are joking... besides there are plenty of fish there and the bars go for atleast two mile... also.. I am not on the bars... I leave them for incoming tide...also... no one will find this particular spot.. atleast intentionally.. As you know there are a buch of others anyway... I will not be with the weekend crowd... beside the tide predictions will close the area for a while, so everyone will be at the breakers. Last weekend they were all side by side at the breakers and catching ,as I am told... but no one will see me there. Your night trip should prove successful as long as you keep moving.
Old 07-24-2001, 04:40 PM
Recent Member

Hey guys,
John tells it like it is. he really knows what he's doing.To a point.
He led me out there among the sand bars,in THICK fog, I might add. I fished awhile without catching any, so then he gave me one of his flies.I started catching fish.
I was nervous about finding our way back in the fog before the flood started. However John reassured me that the fog would lift in time. It did lift just as soon as the tide ran out as John predicted.
The only area he needs to work on though to gain my complete confidence is his predictions on the probability of getting a parking ticket.
All kidding aside, John. Thanks for showing me around out there.Your insight was invaluable to me. I really enjoyed this morning.

Bob Renauld
Old 07-24-2001, 04:48 PM
President of CAC

Bob, I enjoyed the morning also... don't forget the other areas I pointed out ... the truth of the matter is that is the first time I ever got a parking ticket in ten years... I usually don't stay that often after 9 and my recollection is that ticketing is more predicatable on weekends... Take care.
Old 07-24-2001, 05:43 PM

of course he's deceiving us - everything I've read says the only fishing down there is on Monomoy...
Old 07-24-2001, 07:07 PM

Either way you win on that choice!
Old 07-25-2001, 07:28 AM

John,
Be ever vigilant out on the bars. Last evening as I walked around the bowl I met a fellow who appeared to be rather flustered. He asked where he could report an injured seal. I asked if he was sure that the seal was injured and not just resting. He said the seal had many large bloody gashes! Hmmm ... I never found the seal so I can't confirm what was told to me nor was I able to try to determine what caused the gashes.
The wind was honking at about 25 -30 and fog was rolling in so I didn't mess around much on the outer bars. I tried a few locations that had been productive over the weekend w/o success. I saw no bait in the areas I fished.
Since 4:00 AM comes early and I still had the 50 mile drive home, I left at 8:45 PM (just about the time I should have been getting there). Lets see - 100 mile drive for 1 1/2 hours worth of fishing - after the 140 mile commute to work. No fish! Hmmm .... was it worth it??? Of course! You can't catch 'em sitting in front of the TV watching the ball game.
Old 07-25-2001, 02:55 PM
President of CAC

Thanks Mike... the seal situation is troubling... I was out this morning and got two... about mid twenties and one 30... seals were real close as I was bringing them in... like about twenty feet.. quick release for me to say the least... I will be careful... very conserned about the structure. thanks again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.