Thanks to all the nice people at the Marlboro show... - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2003, 10:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to flyfreak
Thanks to all the nice people at the Marlboro show...

I sat in on the 3:30 tying session with Capt. Ray...who was hilarious....it was just a really good time...everyone was super nice....i was psyched to tie a fly and help out a cool website....and i didn't know you also got a sweet fly box !!!!! how could you lose? i'll be browsing and posting to FFF regularly now, thanks for a great day !!

-flyfreak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2003, 11:15 PM
President of CAC

Welcome Flyfreak and I am sure you will find your participation here well worth it..
Old 01-20-2003, 04:38 AM

Welcome aboard . Fishhawk
Old 01-20-2003, 07:30 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Welcome, and just ask the gang - the fun is just beginning!

We will have a full agenda this year in New England - Wilmington / Casting day, Spring Cape opener, probably a Rhody early bird before that, Big Brother Day, see if we can get blown off the water at Rhodyfest one more time, etc.

See you on the water!
Old 01-20-2003, 08:01 AM

Hey flyfreak....

Couldn't believe the superb results of your angel hair streamer tied at the Fly Fishing Forum show booth. Hard to believe you've only been at it for just two years. It used to be a rarity to progress at such a rapid pace, but the Internet has changed all that. No longer is a fly tier isolated by himself. Before the Internet, many of us progressed mainly by our own experience. It was great if you could get on the water often. Those who didn't fell behind.

Today, quantum leaps of information and tutelage are often the case with helpful members of the forum assisting those in need. The basic premise at the forum is educating and sharing a wealth of knowledge about fly fishing. That's solely the agenda. It's not about who can out fish, out tie who.

I appreciate the enjoyment and interaction I get working closely with individuals like yourself and other. Like a school of stripers, I feed off of it to. It's just so much different from just doing a tying demonstration while others watch. It's so much gratifying to bring others into the circle with you.

Welcome to FFF.

Ray
Old 01-20-2003, 08:15 AM
Secret:Time on the water

Welcome to the board Freaky Fly Man,
As Capt. Ray so eloquently described you will find that this site is definitely more about "US" than it is about "ME", Ego's are politely parked at the door before entering and that is what makes this place "the Place to Be". You will hopefully learn some things here as well as share some of your knowledge with the members. Never be too embarassed or apprehensive to ask a question as the only "Stupid" question is the one that never get's asked!!! I can speak for only myself and I never tire of answering and helping out a fellow fishing looney like me, the water is my church, the fish are my congregation and I worship often. Once again welcome aboard and fasten your seatbelt as the ride will be fun and educational, and you may even catch some fish provided you don't attend any of the Rhody Claves:hehe: and stay away from Monomoy as there are NO FISH at Monomoy. Oh I almost forgot to extend the invitation to you to come along on an adventure on my "Striper Assault Vehicle" the HARDCORE! Several of the forum members attended my impromptu Albie Assaults this past fall and I think fun was had by all and you are welcome to join in the festivities when you can make time.

Tightlines,
Mike Mayo
AKA: Striper
Old 01-20-2003, 06:17 PM

Welcome aboard Flyfreak! Look forward to seeing you at future gatherings in addition to the forums.

Gregg
Old 01-20-2003, 08:27 PM

Welcome from one freak to another.
shadfreak aka larry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.