Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2003, 05:18 PM

Thanks Peter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2003, 07:04 PM
removed_by_request

To me the best casting GL line (Spey wise) is the Airflo long Delta.
Less grains if you match it up against the same size mid spey. This line casts near, far, and mends link a dream.

If it's sink work you are after the teeny 5' mini tip is hard to beat on our normal sized rivers. They will load a spey pretty, he even has a spey line out with a 40' head. That may be a very interesting line for our GL rivers. Its rather cheap too.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:20 PM

I have a regular Delta but with the freeze up I haven't had it out yet. It'll be interesting to see if it works short better than a Windcutter.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:20 PM
removed_by_request

I have the regular and long, two different lines. the long delta is the real deal. If you come out in April you can give her a rip. that line is slicker than pigeon crap on a windsheild.

I can put 50' casts out or 80+ no problems. The rod loads like a mother
Old 01-23-2003, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mjyp
I have the regular and long, two different lines. the long delta is the real deal. If you come out in April you can give her a rip. that line is slicker than pigeon crap on a windsheild.

I can put 50' casts out or 80+ no problems. The rod loads like a mother
I was kinda afraid of that when I bought my Delta. I tried Neil's Delta 8/9 on my 9 wt. and I was super impressed. I bought the 9/10 strictly for Polyleader performance and I have no doubt that it'll work fine where I intend to use it on the Grand. However, I bought the Delta in a hurry as I wanted to squeeze in a trip with it before the season closed. I dithered over waiting and buying the long Delta and had the store had one in stock, I would have bought it. I have also had a chance to cast Greg's 6126 with a Windcutter and a Mid Spey - the Mid Spey is way better on his rod.

I'm getting the sneaky suspicion that the Mid Spey/Long Delta are better fishing lines while the WC/Delta are better distance/shooting lines. I'll be keeping my WC and Delta as in places, they do work well. I had bought a DT-9-F as my long belly line but it might end up getting retired before I even get it wet after I try your long Delta.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:41 PM
removed_by_request

I was just at the airflo site, they have a new line coming out called Delta Traditional. It has an 80+' belly longest is 85'. Tis I think is their answer to all the Grand and xlt speys out there.

It may be a nice lien to add to the tool kit. I'll post my findings once I get more info.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:04 AM

The Air Flo Delta Spey Traditional has not arrived over here as yet. It was supposed to be shipped from England right after the first of the year. It is peach color, 125ft. long, with a 6" tip, 38' front taper, 40' belly, and 5'6" rear taper and 41' of running line. It will cost $67.95 retail and is available as a 7/8, 8/9. 9/10 and 10/11. I hope this helps.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:09 AM

Two other quick points: Those dimensions are for one line size which is not specified in their catalog. The head lengths vary from 80'6" to 87'. Also, it is available as a multi-tip line at $129.95.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.