HUGE Brown Trout......... - Fly Fishing Forum
The Quintessential Trout Trout angling is the core of flyfishing worldwide.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2003, 10:32 PM

HUGE Brown Trout.........

Last year we caught a couple of huge browns and we lucked out and happened to have a video camera with us at the time. I had the video converted to mpg and had been e-mailing some of them around. The emailing got to be more than it was worth so I finally got them posted on my website for those that are interested. (the one in my avatar photo)

There are 3 videos of two different fish. One of the videos is of a brown that was estimated in the low 20's the other is a brown that one of my client's kids caught tha was about 14lbs. The video quality isn't all that great since the camera was one that we didn't care if we dropped it in the river. I had to mix some audio with a couple of them since the sound was so bad.

The address is Fly Fishing Arkansas Then go to Movie Gallery and click the links. A left click will play it in your browser. Depending on your preferance settings you might have to right click and hit "save to disk" to be able to play it.

I'll be posting videos on the website over the next few months. We are going to do some casting videos every weekend until we figure out how to improve the quality to something that won't crash the site but is good enough to watch. Hopefully, I will have some more videos from fishing next month as well. Last year February was a pretty good month. I'm hoping this year will be as well.

John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2003, 08:30 PM

Them thar Browns are really BigUns!
Got to get myself down to the Arkansas soon.
Great shots, keep 'em coming & good luck in Feb./03
Old 01-19-2003, 01:33 AM

Thumbs up

Will someone please pick my lower jaw up off the floor?
I like the soundtrack!

LR
Old 01-19-2003, 04:47 AM

John,
I am headed down there the second week of Feb. I hope we have some low water conditions. I will be fishing that area in the mornings(depending on generation). I have caught some nice browns in that area, but not as large as those. I am the guy wearing a Red Sox hat .
Old 01-19-2003, 07:18 AM

Domenic:

Try to drop me an email before you come down. If I'm on the river that weekend, I can at least trade you a couple of flies for a hot cup of coffee.

The fishing this year is looking like it might be some of the best we've ever had. Bring a camera.

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.