Marlboro on Saturday - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2003, 10:24 PM
Secret:Time on the water

Marlboro on Saturday

Juro,
It looks like you have things pretty much under control for the show. I am planning on coming up on Saturday either by myself or if somebody contacts me maybe with company but if you need something that you don't have let me know and I would be happy to bring it up for you. I know how these things are and there is always something that gets forgotten and then you are up the creek without ................? I had previously volunteered early on to helpout with the booth and what not but after following the thread it seemed as though you had more than enough cooks in the kitchen so to speak but if there is a need for something I will be there and happy to help out in any way I can. Would not be a problem to man the helm for someone who needs to get out of there for awhile, I will come right over to the booth when I arrive and say hello to check in. Looking forward to seeing everyone and I am going to try real hard to be there real early this year before the doors open. See you all on Saturday.

Tightlines,
Mike Mayo
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2003, 10:33 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Mike -

Actually I had a request for confirmation from you in the general plan post until about an hour ago when I edited it out. Timing is everything they say!

If you are available for helping out on Sat let's meet at Starbucks at 8:00 am on Saturday, I'll make sure they let you in before the doors open and it will be good to have you help us out Sat AM.

If I had enough breathing room I could've had extra hats made up for those who are helping out; maybe next year.

See you on sat; post if there are changes I will check in tomorrow night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2003, 10:34 PM

oh yeah, bring a pedestal vise and tools if you can. Wide jaw clamp is fine too.

thanks striper
Old 01-16-2003, 11:05 PM

Okee Dokee,
I have Renzetti clamp and pedestal, I prefer the clamp as I tend to be too physical with my tying I can just bring my whole tote of stuff as I have alot of stuff that is all in a Rubbermaid tote already. 8:00 am. .....Are we going fishing or doing a fishing show???? Just kidding......That means I will have to leave around 5:30 am. to meet you guy's so I will be up early on Saturday for sure. No problem....can do.......I hope you don't think that I am some kind of Popovics or Puglisi??? I tie flies that catch fish not fisherman, although I do have some pride and always try to tie something that is also appealing to the eye as well as to the Albies!!!! I am looking forward to it Juro and I will see you at the Satrbucks on Saturday morning. Also should I bring my laptop as well??? I know the last time we saw each other you had your laptop setup and you were doing some nice drawing on it, I wish I had a wireless cellular lan card that we could hookup to the laptop's and we could post real time updates right from the show that would be real COOL!!!!! Anyway talk to you later.................

Tightlines,
Mike Mayo
Old 01-16-2003, 11:23 PM

Mike -

Appreciate the vise and tools but we may not have room for a tote in our little $700 cubby hole. It sounds like you may not have caught the whole situation but what we do is recruit people to attend a tying session led by a designated tyer (see schedule) for a $10 donation per tyer.

Pretty much the whole day is booked for pro-tying sessions and you will not be able to tie - the seats go to those donating for the session run by the pro tyer. We would have time for member tying on Friday and part of Sunday if you are interested though.

Of course you can always buy a session seat at $10, keep the fly and get a box for it too. If a seat had not been sold and a vise is open you will be able to tie along with one of the pros au gratis, a perk for working the booth. Take turns with others of course.

Helping at the booth means (1) selling seats to tying sessions (2) selling raffle tickets and (3) increasing awareness of the forum. Those are the priorities, beside having fun of course.

Hope that's clear, you should take a minute to read the other posts for more info. I will give you the skinny at starbucks as well.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:58 AM
Flats Rat

I will try for 08:00 at starbucks too.
Old 01-17-2003, 06:15 AM

Mike was planning on see you at the show but I have to attend a wedding. Should be a great turnout. I'm going to*attend on Sunday. FishHawk
Old 01-17-2003, 08:27 AM

Juro,
Alrighty then!!! I thought about it this morning after waking up and said to myself"you are pretty presumtuous to think that he wants you for your tying skills, he probably only wants your vise" . Seriously though I did read much of the threads leading up to this monu-"mental" undertaking and just forgot how you were planning to arrange things. I don't have any problems with the arrangements at all and I will make a donation to the cause even if I don't get a chance to tie some of my not ready to enter the world flies.
Adrian I sent you an email and was wondering if you wanted to ride along with me to the show??? Or maybe just wagon train it to the show?? I am planning on leaving sometime around 5:30 am. so that I make it on time.
Bill I am sorry that I will not get to see you at the show, if I did not have a ton of renovation work to do on the kitchen I would make it both days but alas the honey do list is still quite large and I have been lucky enough to get a reprieve for one day. We will see each other again I am sure, you are invited to join me for some springtime striper chasing in the Housatonic River come April if you like. This will be much more relaxed fishing than the Albie chasing we did earlier this year and we should catch a good number of fish providing things turn out the way they have in the past. Looking forward to seeing all at the show tomorrow.

Tightlines,
Mike Mayo
Old 01-17-2003, 11:47 PM
Flats Rat

Mike

I'll be driving up independently - thanks for the offer though - I may be visiting a pal in Subury Sunday p.m. Maybe see you en-route? I'll probably be on the road about the same time.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:12 AM

Talking

Mike I'll take you up on the Spring time offer. When it gets close I'll shoot you an e-mail.
Fishhawk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.