Around the Cape, around the workstation - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2001, 12:38 PM

Around the Cape, around the workstation

I hit North Monomoy this am to find a pack of 40" fish coming at me accross the flats. There must have been 30 of them. After landing quite a few I jumped back on Rip Ryders boat back in. I then went down to Bass River where a school of 30+ inch Bass and Blues were surface feeding by the jetty. Every cast for the next 2 hours produced a huge fish taking me into my backing. Jumped in the truck and met up with Jeanif Gustof master guide and off we go to Wianno. I walk up to the water and first cast my fly is inhaled by a 9 Lb. Bonito. What a fight after that. This action continued until sunset some 3 hours later, non stop Albies and Bonito.

(Ok there are big fish down the Cape and i want some on the fly. The No. Shore is slow and,on top of that, I got a young family that needs lots of Dad in their lives this summer. So I have to sit here and read daily reports of guys walking up to the water, chucking a fly and "Oh..39incher" second cast "Oh 36 incher" etc.etc.etc.ad nauseum. Frustrating. Therefore I present this fantasy version. Jealous and envious? Yes, guilty. Who wouldn't be? All I can say in my defense is: you guys need to get a life and I'll have my day!;-))

Lefty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2001, 12:53 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Somewhere on an expanse of tidal structures around Cape Ann are troops of big, mean bright sided cows tough enough to eat chicken lobsters for appetizers and horse mackeral for dessert, maybe not in the warm outflow of the Merrimack but in the wave-washed rocky scenery of the 'other' cape up to the forest-lined saltwater inlets of Maine.

I think the North shore is under seige with big stripers, somewhere in the glacier-torn coastal archipelago...

A sortie' in is order.
Old 07-23-2001, 02:26 PM
President of CAC

Terry.. It's not on every cast ..... only every 4 or 5. }>
Old 07-23-2001, 02:34 PM

Hey John,

Real flyfisherman solve jigsaw puzzles like the North Shore (and we know your proximity to it) rather than run to the Hatchery tank known as Chatham and cast into stacked up starving logs

(good comeback huh?)

Lefty
Old 07-23-2001, 04:35 PM

If it was every cast, it wouldn't be any fun.

I/ we had to work for many of the fish that we landed, I just don't think anyone wants a recount of my non-productive time.
Old 07-23-2001, 05:46 PM
President of CAC

Your right Terry... But when the puzzle is solved you buy a new puzzle. I spent countless number of hours searching and trial and error... not to mention the constant changes.. My two hours this morning produced nothing until I tried a spot I had found a month ago which produced nothing then... but now it does... maybe tomorrow it wont. You know the routine.
Old 07-23-2001, 07:38 PM

Thanks guys for letting me vent my frustration. At least I owned up to my envy.

Lefty
Old 07-23-2001, 07:57 PM

Sleeping Beauty huh?

If I had to live on the fish I caught I would have starved to death a long time ago.

Albie alfredo anyone? ;-)
Old 07-23-2001, 08:07 PM
Middle Aged Member

Geez, reading Terry's post, I was ready to hang it up (That kind of week, must be taken things too seriously). Bass River! I caught one stinking micro there this spring. Worse yet, my wife was with me ("didn't put up much of a fight") and again I had to put up with the sarcastic remarks.

Fred A.
Old 07-23-2001, 08:54 PM
Flyfishing on the brain..

Quote:
FredA (07-23-2001 09:07 p.m.):
Geez, reading Terry's post, I was ready to hang it up (That kind of week, must be taken things too seriously). Bass River! I caught one stinking micro there this spring. Worse yet, my wife was with me ("didn't put up much of a fight") and again I had to put up with the sarcastic remarks.

Fred A.
Hang tight Fred. Just developed an old roll of film and guess who had his picture taken with fish in hand? Next time we meet and if I remember I will give them to youall. Jim D.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.