GONE FISHING - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2001, 07:47 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

GONE FISHING

Man, I wish I were on the rip trip today. Bluebird skies in the heart of the striper season. 11 guys are settled in by now and are about to enjoy some of the best that coastal flyfishing has to offer. I'm hoping these brownie points are gonna cash in for some big returns next weekend.

Right now I'm off to home depot for some supplies...

GOOD LUCK GUYS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2001, 09:58 AM

Same here. Tending to the household duties. The lawn is grim from 2 months of neglect...I mean, fishing..
Headed just east of Monomoy on Friday...great fishing. Lots of big bass to 36" and plenty of blues to 10#. What weather! Sunny and clear with a light SW breeze. We thought about scoping out some of those baby bluefin we've heard about. We cruised out about 4 miles; got into school after school of bluefish to which we were more than happy to divert our attention. Never made it out quite far enough for the tuna before the breeze stiffened, and the time arrived to find the shelter of Monomoy. We spent the afternoon throwing flies and sluggos into the back of the South Beach surf. Every drift produced fish in about 4 feet of water. That day will get me through a good portion of those Feruary shack nasties.
Old 07-15-2001, 10:09 AM

Same here as well,
Lots of projects around the house, but they don't get my mind off of Monomoy, I'm gonna need some pictures posted to get me thru the week. Here's to the group out there now, may your reels be screemin and rods bent. Good luck
Old 07-15-2001, 01:20 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Nope...not gone fishing...going fishing.

I cannot handle the fact that my Dad and my brother are out on the Rip without me. I woke up dreaming about their experience last night and now I have had enough. My honey just took off for Europe for a week (business trip) and my car is packed and ready to go. I am off to the NH coast, armed both with my 9 weight and a 5 weight (pollock rod). If anyone sees some yahoo kicking his way around the Newcastle area (schoolie show but I will take it) then that is me. Feel free to say hello. I should be there until the turn of the tide tonight or until the sun sets. Either way...these 2 events represent 2 times at which I do not want to be caught near the Pis in my float tube.

I hope that everyone on the Rip trip had a day of perfection - the proverbial Om.

I may head to the NH coast a few nights/mornings this week. I may also fish the Merrimack (above Manchester) for smallmouth. If anyone wants to go with me then drop me an e-mail.

Later,

Mike
Old 07-15-2001, 04:18 PM
Just Plain Nuts

Here I am, sitting at work, and wishin' I was fishin'. Knowing I'll be on the Cape in less than 2 weeks has me drooling for blue skys', clean water, big fish, and good friends. Waiting for the rip trip reports. A little reading about great days and tight lines just before bed makes for sweet dreams. Hope all went well and all are safe.

Jimmy
Old 07-15-2001, 08:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to jborkowski
I too missed this Rip. Had to head down to CT. I hope to make up for it on the cape next weekend.

The weekend wasn't a complete 'wash', however. I did make it out four a couple of hours Sat evening with a great friend and great fisherman, John Decesare. The fishing was incredible. Trout busting everwhere. Between the two of us, we got into many fish including a few beautiful big 'bows.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:13 AM

I'm painting my house and on a real short leash. But I did get out to Beverly to recon a new small out of the way boat ramp! I got access to Beverly and Salem harbor now!

Lefty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.