Thanksgiving Special - Fly Fishing Forum
>> Archive: Warmwater Gamefish Flies Freshwater Bass, pike, muskie?!?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Fly chucker

Thanksgiving Special

This is a fly that my wife came up with during Thanksgiving weekend (hence her name for it). I have to say that I'm getting impressed with her use of the materials.....not too heavy, not too sparse.

Hook: Here, a size 2 and a size 4
Thread: 3/0, black
Tail: Yellow bucktail
Flash: Silver Krystal Flash
Wing: Black bucktail
Wing flash (optional): Silver Krystal Flash

The size 2 shows the optional wing flash. This color combo and size was tied for bass, pike, and pickeral, but I can see it whacking a few schoolies, shad, and cocktail blues as well.

Anne is starting to poke around my tying bench more and more, and has even stopped into the fly shop with me to help pick out materials that she'd like to work with. She's dabbled in tying for a few years now, but she might really be getting the bug now.

This is a good thing, right?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thanksgivingspecial.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	1088  
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2002, 06:00 PM

Mark, this is a "very good thing." But then the

person who 'coined' that phrase may be doing time shortly in the Gray Bar Hotel. Wonder if 'she' will be allowed to 'do over' her cell? Can just see the feature article now on how to spiff up cinder block walls, stainless steel hanging fixtures, double racks for beds, etc.

Doonsbury had a few corkers on this over the past couple of weeks. Couldn't happen to a nicer, more deserving, person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.