Welcome Dick Brown - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2002, 08:35 PM
President of CAC

Welcome Dick Brown

I want to let the members know and also to extend a warm welcome to Dick Brown who recently signed on to the forum during the last couple days under the handle of "MarshRunner". We are fortunate to have someone who can contribute vast knowledge and experience in the Bonefish Threads and the other threads . He has already added some comments that are helpful to our members. His two books ,particularly his Bonefish fly book , the authority on the subject, in my opinion, is well worth reading. Both of mine are falling apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2002, 08:45 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Welcome Dick! It's an honor to have you join us. Your books have inspired me to stalk the flats as I am sure many, many others. I look forward to hearing your stories, tips and advice.
Old 12-05-2002, 10:09 AM
Fluff

Welcome Aboard, Dick - Looking forward to your wisdom, insights, and involvement here. Enjoy your writings and ideas in feathers.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:48 PM

Thank You

Thanks for the warm welcome. Well-run forums can be great learning vehicles for all of us--and if there is one thing you come to understand in fly fishing, the longer you fish, the more there is to learn.

Over the last few years, Carol and I have moved our lives closer to the New England's fine salt water fishery. first moving our business from central Mass. to Newburyport, and then our home to the North Shore as well. So I find myself after all these years of chasing bones and permit in the tropics and Atlantic salmon in the Maritimes, sitting in the middle of the Merrimack River and Plum Island Sound fisheries where I am already learning a great deal from several accomplished local anglers (many of whom participate in this forum).

I'm a firm believer in paying back to the sport in any way I can as repayment for all the help I've been given along the way. As I have time, I'll try to join in when I can contribute something constructive. And I also listen ... there is much we can all learn from each other--and there is still so much to discover.

DB
Old 12-11-2002, 06:18 PM

Welcome Dick, looking forward to your contributions here. I think you will find this site to be most rewarding. As I do!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.