Rouge Fish Count Backlog - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2002, 08:32 PM

Rogue Fish Count Backlog

fyi

Ran across this today. And I thought I was behind schedule in my job.

Fred we will have to be suspicious of those Rogue fish counts from now on.

This poor fellow needs some educated help.

But its a good problem to have these days.

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2...es/02sport.htm

Last edited by pmflyfisher; 12-01-2002 at 11:00 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2002, 10:30 AM

Well, now you know why I always tell you the

fish count is behind the times. Fellow must be bug-eyed by the end of the week. Gad, 18 tapes behind ... no surprise there.

You can get the "most current" information by calling 800 472 2434 for fish counts (more than a month old) or CURRENT info on river flows, temps, etc.
fae
Old 12-01-2002, 05:33 PM

Rouge Counts

Good day,
It seems to me that there should be some enterprising STUDENTS OF FISHERIES etc, etc. at our local colleges that would love to do something like this (extra credit, thesis, etc. ) Or some retired fishing club members with time on there hands. Just looks like there are some options other than tossing Jacksons at it. This baby has Potential written all over it for someone.
Deerhawk
Old 12-02-2002, 03:39 PM

Deerhawke,

I agree, would think the Oregon DNR should look into this, after all the Rogue is a world renowned andramous fishery which brings angler tourist revenue to the state.

Fred may want to give them an email on that. Ask them what they are paying per hour, tell them there is an over worked stressed out corporate manager you know that may be available. Ahhhh, a job just looking at salmon and steelhead all day I wonder how long I could take that?

:eyecrazy:

P.S. Fred I tried to change the misspelling of Rogue in the title but the edit function does not allow you to fix that type of error. Please don't hold this against me.
Old 12-02-2002, 03:52 PM

Now that!!! sounds like a good plan "A." Wonder if

"Fred may want to give them an email on that. Ask them what they are paying per hour, tell them there is an over worked stressed out corporate manager you know that may be available. Ahhhh, a job just looking at salmon and steelhead all day I wonder how long I could take that?"

they have a medical/dental plan? Who cares if I mis-identify every third fish. At least the "totals" would be right.

Only problem is 'person' is probably sitting in a dark office someplace so he can't sneek his rod over the side ..... But, you could always do this at home in your jammies and fuzzy slippers and call in the results.
Double
Old 12-02-2002, 07:54 PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.