Boston/North Shore/South Shore Recommendations? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2001, 09:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to jborkowski
Boston/North Shore/South Shore Recommendations?

In light of the recent Rip cancellation...:'(

Anyone have any suggestions for (wade)fishing Boston, North, and/or South Shores?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2001, 10:06 PM
Flyfishing on the brain..

Jeff...... for the last three weeks I have watched a small group of both spin and fly fishermen catching stripers at the Castle Island "sugar bowl". There hasn't been a day that we havn't seen at least one fish cruising in the shallows on the inside of the causeway. With the sun at your back they are very spooky. Lure or fly of choice seems to be white bucktail or clouser.
Old 06-29-2001, 10:11 PM
Jim O

You have some rotten tides for wading this weeekend but you
might try Rockport. Fish from the eastern end of Pebble to Long Beach , pay special attention to saratoga creek on the outbound tide - fish from the south side of cape hedge. long Beach always produce for me early AM or almost dark the best but would produce if the beach wasn't too busy,next best was Andrews Point ,but entirly different fishing -off the rocks and very deep and hazardous on a rising tide or east wind . Good luck ,JIm O
Old 06-29-2001, 10:16 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

You might consider taking the ferry out to the harbor islands. They are on a big push to promote recreational use they were even talking at a fishing club recently.
Old 07-01-2001, 03:59 PM

Wish I had seen this Firday night Jeff--my offshore/overnight trip get cancelled 10 miles into the trip Friday night when we realized NOAA was WAY off in their forecast and had been revising their overnight/next day predictions to a different tune every couple of hours--soooooo frustrating. In any event, I came home, switched all my gear to inshore fly, and went out in the harbor by myself from 5-9 sat morning and basically had non-stop action the whole time. I would have been happy to have had you come along...
Old 07-01-2001, 04:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to jborkowski
jeffg, sorry i missed out. i figured you'd be out there somewhere and was looking for you from shore. i scouted around both Winthrop and Hull before ending up at World's End. I'd love to head out with you sometime; i'm sure I'd learn a lot.

i feel o so terrible you had to go out alone...so terrible in fact, i feel obligated to provide my phone number to prevent such an event from ever happening again.

Check your email.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.