Get Your Guns - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-08-2002, 01:45 AM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
Get Your Guns

....because I've found the motherload!!!!!!

Blue Heron Colony

That might be a little risky...maybe we can just play Bobby the Beachcomber and go collect some feathers.

Save the shotguns for late at night!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2002, 12:30 PM
Mr. Mom

Not funny

I know you're going to think I'm picking on you, but I'm not. This isn't funny, it's serious as a mutherhubbard. When "the man" comes knockin' at your door, you'll only have yourself to blame. You are a very visible individual who works in a high profile shop, yet you come right out and say you have illegal materials, and that you know they are illegal. Ummm... I'm trying to think of a nice way to say you're in the running for the Darwin Awards of the fly-fishing world. I'm not trying to insult you, but SHUT UP about this stuff, Okay? Do you think you'll get another shop job if you get busted for this stuff?

Oh yeah, you've lost all priviledges when it comes to bashing other boards that joke about targeting smolts for 6 months:hehe:
Old 11-08-2002, 01:41 PM
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club

Ryan,

..........trolling does not look good on you.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2002, 07:32 PM

WHC Anyone?

What's somewhat unnerving is that a post like that could paint a kettle just as black as that poor pot that was tarred and feathered and ridden out of town last week.

It's bad enough that you can track the colonialist expansion of the British Empire by the evolution of their salmon flies.... not a very proud legacy for an "Empire".

Yes, a WHC; I love those birds and they don't warrant a post like that nor do they deserve those sophmoric smiley faces.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:00 PM
the speypages guy

Hmmm...athough I don't know the history...

...behind all of this animosity, are you guys EVER planning to stop bashing each other? I mean really, it all seems a little silly and indeed "sophmoric" on everyone's part. It just jumps back and forth between the Clave and here. Can't you guys just sort it out, leave it alone, or take it somewhere else? Otherwise I'm thinkin' maybe spey rods at 50 paces would be a good solution, with steaks and Red Hook to follow...

or am I missing something here...? :eyecrazy: :hehe: :eyecrazy:
FFF certified casting instructor
Old 11-08-2002, 10:33 PM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
A very poor attempt at a joke...was not a first and nor will it be the last.

I was just browsing around and I thought I would make a joke of it because the subject of heron was so fresh in my mind after recent discussions.

I actually think herons are a beautiful bird and would never take one out...because it is illegal.

Maybe my sarcasm did not come across or maybe it did and no one though it was funny. I was just trying to paradoize (is that a word??...as in parody) our desire to have materials that are illegal and/or very difficuly to to obtain.

Do I think it is wrong to have a few feathers from a 30 y.o heron?? No! Is it illegal?? Yes

Do I think it is wrong to target smolts or adult salmon on their redds??? Yes! Is it illegal?? No

Does that make my a hypocrit? Probally...oh well, I will still speak up when I feel the need to.

Last edited by NrthFrk16; 11-08-2002 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-09-2002, 01:16 AM

Fer christ sakes can anyone take a bit of humor? Hard crowd. Just don't try to bring me down on the river ok?
Old 11-09-2002, 11:34 AM

Ryan,

Of course I knew you were joking, although these heron drive me crazy as they always catching more fish than me right in front of me on the river and lakes out here !!

I have been tempted with our Michigan black squirrels though, boy those black tails sure look nice.

Hal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.