Thanks Bro' - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2001, 10:13 AM
Flyfishing on the brain..

Thanks Bro'

Thanks for steering the family birthday purchase towards the Canyon #5 spool with the full sink line. The arsenal is now complete, and I'm sure dad will test drive it for me this weekend.

One question, The Fly Shop didn't send any line info with the spool. What brand and what grain is the line you spooled it up with?

I'll be returning from the Shenandoah in the near future. Sandy's cousin has a house that fronts one of the tributaries of the North Fork of the Shenandoah. We walked down to the river yesterday to check it out. The water table here has yet to recover from the droughts of the past few years so the river was only 3-4 feet deep all the way across. The bottom was primarily shale so it was slippery, but be no means unmanageable. I just stood there and watched smallmouth after smallmouth swim by. There was a lot of activity in that stretch of water, and the beavers had provided plenty of structure as well. I wanted to bang my head against a rock for not having any type of rod. We were there to see the newest member of the Virginia clan, though, so fishing would not have gone over well.

I'll catch up with you this weekend. Thanks again. Ooh, by the way, I'm going to use this opportunity to put in a delivery order for two of these amazing sandwiches everyone keeps talking about dad. When you read this put a few together for me and deposit them in my refrigerator........that will save me ordering out my first night home.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2001, 03:16 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Damn Brother,

You should have chopped down a tree and carved yourself a 7 weight rod. As the saying goes, pound for pound a smallmouth is one of the hardest fighting fish in the world. That may not be fact but it is not far from it. Next time I am home we should head out to my local honey hole and I can show you where I always nail some big smallies at dusk. It is a blast. I have been meaning to do that for a long time now and I think that the time has come. Maybe in mid-July when Kirsten heads off to Europe again for work.

Speaking of Kirsten...this weekend she will be test driving the sinking line that I bought for you (weather permitting). In regards to that line it is the Sci Anglers Striper Sinking Fly Line. It is a fast sink and it sinks at 4-5 inches per second.

Have a safe flight back and I will see you this weekend.

Mike
Old 06-28-2001, 04:47 PM

If Kirsten is using it then she has to make me sandwiches.

Just kidding, I'll see you on Saturday.
Old 06-28-2001, 05:47 PM

Rest assured my better half will not let Sandy and the baby go unfed when you return Mark. Sounds to me like some one else will be using the new combo this weekend and I couldn't be happier. Just don't remember anyone mentioning my sharing fishing equipment with my son's future wife. Must have fallen asleep about that time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.