Yes---Invisible Waders - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2002, 08:57 AM
President of CAC

Yes---Invisible Waders

With the difficulty experience this year with the approach of stripers on the monomoy flats, tuning away after spoted, ..yes... you have heard it here... I can not give the details on the web, but I have invented invisible waders... this is no joke.... I have a prototype which I will field test in the spring and get Penguin to give them a try. The first proto-type will be fit over ordinary waders and it will not do anything for upper body shadow though. The wader boots will also have the material or I will have lobster imaged, like bunny slippers, covered feet.... so it will just look like two lobsters on the sand. They will not be "totally" invisible but I have placed the material in water and it disappears. More later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2002, 10:00 AM

Careful with the lobster image you might get more than stealth Rich and I hit SB this past August. We were planning on wet wading, I forgot my wading boots and ended up wearing sneakers. Long story short is, the blues liked my laces and although they didn't stike they got startlingly close.:hehe:
Old 11-02-2002, 01:33 PM

AH, YES, that will keep the fish from nipping at my red/white sneakers that I wear. will have to get some for next season.
'GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN"
Old 11-02-2002, 02:52 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
...stealth technology...

On the Water and SaltWaterFlyFishing has been calling for some insider info...Leave it to the CAC to lead the way (out there!)...
:hehe:
It's my honour and privilege to be involved in this revolutionary cutting edge R&D!

John...Are you going to do a "fish-finder/no-see-um wader" special?! Count me in.
Old 11-02-2002, 05:57 PM
Pencil me in.....

Protoype challenge

I also have prototype 'waders' based on the new principle of nautical camoflauge that suggests that the item to be hidden must look like the surroundings and not be invisible. Given that the flats sparkle and twinkle in the high sun I figured that I would blend in by draping fifty strands of that new Christmas lighting that you see hanging from all the eaves these days over my body. 6 hours of twinkle on 3 AAA's.:hehe:
Old 11-02-2002, 06:40 PM
President of CAC

OK..... without divulging more info.... think of the mirror concept....this WILL work.... and I will retire early...buy a place on Morris Island and have a large wing with a doorman for the new CAC.

Last edited by striblue; 11-02-2002 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-02-2002, 07:32 PM

Hey John, er, a, I mean IRONMAN,
Whats this wait until spring baloney, with your ability to endure shrinkage better than anyone I know, why not start testing now? Oh BTW, does this mean the question of boxers vs. briefs will no longer need be asked?
I am assuming that anyone with your zest for designer labels and discerning judgement in the clothing dept. will have the correct undergarment for use with "Invisable Waders"
But please, a photo posted would certainly evade any of us less fortunate in the art of fine atire. :hehe:
Old 11-02-2002, 07:58 PM

Talking invisible waders

Invisible waders are not new.:hehe: Back in the early 1950's I bought the first clear plastic waders around RI at the G&M Sport Center in East Providence. Opening day of trout season I went fishing in the Palmer River in Rehoboth Ma. I was fishing just below the old scout cabin. There was an early hatch around ten in the morning, was standing in the middle of the river up to my waist, a trout was rising, but was having trouble getting it to hit. After an hour or so I finally caught it. I thought boy! are these waders cold, nothing like the rubber ones. I got out of the river, and the water level stayed right there, right at my waist.:eyecrazy: The seams were not welded right, and they leaked badly. I have never seen another pair since then.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:51 PM
President of CAC

Art...these will not be clear plastic and they will be made to go over regular waders..... Brian.... I will try them before the spring...sometime this winter..... they will be able to fit over bare legs too. You can all laugh now...but wait and see
Old 11-03-2002, 06:38 AM
Flyfishing on the brain..

Too late.....

This technology already exists. I have a pair, wore 'em all season. Case in point, did anyone actually see me fishing this season? That's because I have the matching flats shirt and hat. I rest my case!

I also developed a rod/reel set up that never needs washing, fly lines that never need to be replaced, flies that come with a "half life" rating to rival any nuclear waste.........

There's always next year.
Old 11-03-2002, 06:17 PM

Got to love that good old New England yankee humor !

ROTFL

P,S. Things are looking up for you guys BC upset the Irish and the Pats put it on the Bills and Drew B.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:10 AM

I've fished Monomoy all summer in my invisible fisherman suit. You just didn't see me. I wasn't going to say anything. I was invisible (just like the Mecca reports this season )
Old 11-05-2002, 09:27 AM
President of CAC

Ooooohhhh........ Ouch! on the last comment
Old 11-06-2002, 12:52 AM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd
GEEZ, is it February already????

John, isn't it too soon to get this squrrelly??? I thought the shack nasties didn't start for 3 more months or so!!! LOL Tom D
Old 11-06-2002, 12:55 PM
President of CAC

Tom..... and when this works.. the same material will be part of the bottom of flats boats.... wow! ...I can see it now... All we will have to then deal with is Shadows.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.