No. Shore season closer - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-24-2002, 08:46 AM

No. Shore season closer

Well it probably is......
Had an incredible itch yesterday. Blew outa work at lunch never to be seen again. Hit the road and truck fished Lynn to Magnolia one last time. The sun finally came out hastening the snow meltage on the trees. Nice. Not much doin anywhere though. As I was heading up Rt 127 near Endicott College I saw birds over fish in a cove. I parked by the "State Highway No Parking Anytime" sign and ran out into a new beach/bowl for me. The fish were just outa casting range. I did finnally hook one before they disperesed. Fat mid 20s. Last striper of the year? Probably. Not much else to report other than a school of what looked like macs hitting bait off of Deveroux beach.
I'm still waiting for that report of 38" bass slamming bait off of Hampton or something similar. Every year there is that freak happening. So my gear is put away but not far from hand. A fair season regardless of the distractions.

Lefty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2002, 08:29 PM

Terry you could always make the long ride to Rhody for a Last Hurrah. The Fat Lady's been too busy up your way to get around to chasing away any fish from South County. In fact, I suspect she's been chasing large schools of stripers INTO south county waters.
I'll be doing it at least one more time, maybe even more. My wife's already so mad at me I hardly have anything to lose!
Let me know if you want to tag along.
Old 10-25-2002, 08:23 AM

Thanks Mike. I'm trying to find a way to gracefully let the season go so I can get on with the rest of my life. It's not easy and your invitation will be kept in mind. We could be making mad dashes to Joisey in December if we really wanted to deny the winter
FWIW, I might be hitting Salem this afternoon, based on a rumor. There's a good Irish seisiun at O'Neils Pub just after dark too. So... a little fishing, a little fiddling- life is good.

Lefty
Old 10-25-2002, 06:04 PM

Words of wisdom!
I'm in denial, but reality is hovering over my outstretched neck, poised to strike at any second. If I don't rejoin the land of Grownup soon, I may find myself wishing I had a doghouse to sleep in!
Nevertheless, the weather tomorrow has been specially ordered to provide prime conditions for striper blitzes. My plan is to have such a great day, I'll be satisfied to hang up the rod for the year.
We shall see!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.