Rhody monday - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2002, 07:43 AM

Rhody monday

I had high hopes for this trip. The weather change woke me up at 1:00 AM Sunday night when the wind changed to NW. How could a wind change wake me up? Easy! The NW blows right in my bedroom window. Sunday's wind gusted hard enough to blow my bedroom door shut, Slam!!! Yep, I woke up!

Since I was already up, I decided to head out early and try some of that night fishing we were talking about. So I tried a certain rocky shore line which was full of fish, many good sized, including "True Keepers" [36"]. Action was consistent with fish in every pocket of white water. However, since this was conducted with OTFF gear, I'll skip the details. Suffice it to say, action that was hot shut off like a switch the second the sun peeked over the horizen. Ironic that I had the fish to myself in the dark, but the surf casters who arrived after first light complained about the "Dead" lack of action.

I figured I was off to a good start and was optimistic for the rest of the day, but, in short, it Sucked!
Saw tons of bait, mostly unmolested. Saw a few albies in small pods or singles but even the regulars didn't hook up. After that, 1 lb blues were the only action for the day. I'm getting sick of those little pukes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2002, 09:37 AM

Mike,
Thanks for the report. Glad you found some keeps. Too bad the albies didn't have a better showing. I know what you mean about those pirahna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.