Weather- Rip Trip - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-10-2002, 11:24 AM
striblue's Avatar
striblue striblue is offline
President of CAC
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Plymouth and Chatham, MA
Posts: 7,518
Weather- Rip Trip

So far the forecast Looks like 60% chance of rain on Saturday, with sunny on Sunday..but Windy..... Wind is the problem.. If it's rainy on Saturday but wind down it would probably be a go if there are no TStorms... Keep your fingers crossed and I will stay in touch with Keith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-10-2002, 05:48 PM
JayM JayM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 32
Send a message via Yahoo to JayM
Current weather forecast

Just got back in town and looked at the forecast:

Coastal waters from Montauk NY to Block Island RI to Marthas Vineyard
MA to Nantucket MA and 20 NM southeast-Coastal waters from
Provincetown MA to Chatham MA to Nantucket MA out 20 NM-
252 PM EDT Thu Oct 10 2002
Small craft advisory may be needed Fri

Fri Night: NE Wind 20 to 30 kts with a few gusts to 35 kts possible. Seas building to 5 to 10 Ft. Vsby 1 to 2 miles in rain and fog.
****
Sat: E Wind 20 to 30 kts with a few gusts to 35 kts in the morning. Seas 5 to 10 Ft. Vsby 1 to 2 miles in rain and fog in the morning, vsby improving in the afternoon.
*****
Sat Night: E Wind 20 to 30 kts. Seas 5 to 10 Ft.
Sun: E Wind 20 to 25 kts. Seas 5 to 10 Ft. Chance of rain and fog with vsby 2 to 3 miles.

Keep us posted! As much as I will promise to be there, I would like to not make the drive if I do not have to b/c of potential of becoming ship wrecked..

Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-10-2002, 08:13 PM
striblue's Avatar
striblue striblue is offline
President of CAC
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Plymouth and Chatham, MA
Posts: 7,518
OK...I understand.. I will be driving down to the Cape around 12..ariving probably by 2 or 2:30 at CAC..Big Dave you can come down earlier..Need to know what is Doc Dupre arrival and he needs direction...Here is the story..It does not look good..I will call Keith tomorrow morning... He would go if it is rain and I understand off and on drizzel..so that's not a problem..the wind is..... however, if it's an E ,NE wind we will be on the lee side of the island and I know it could be dead calm... the west side is the side Keith goes down so... I will post again tonight or tomorrow... By the Way Eddies out..so If Craig wants ,he has it...but if not we will have to up the ante to $30 each... stay posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 10-10-2002, 08:29 PM
Eddie Eddie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Portland, ME.
Posts: 1,586
John, I will pay for the slot if it doesn't get filled. Good luck this weekend.
__________________
One cast can change your day...maybe your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-10-2002, 08:32 PM
Dble Haul's Avatar
Dble Haul Dble Haul is offline
Fly chucker
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New England
Posts: 3,674
John- Please PM me your cell number. I won't have access to a computer after 6 AM tomorrow, so I'd like to be able to contact you tomorrow night if possible. I won't see your updates on the board.

I'll be checking the board one more time tomorrow morning before leaving. If you leave info between now and then, I'll get it.

Thanks.
__________________
Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-10-2002, 08:36 PM
striblue's Avatar
striblue striblue is offline
President of CAC
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Plymouth and Chatham, MA
Posts: 7,518
OK..I will do so later tonight... don't forget..if it's rain we could still go and if the wind is East North east..the west side would usually be dead calm...wind breaks up on the island...Keith would still go...so..I need to call tomorrow morning.....Anyway...he has not called me so that says he is not nixing it based on the weather he is hearing now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-11-2002, 05:11 AM
Dble Haul's Avatar
Dble Haul Dble Haul is offline
Fly chucker
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: New England
Posts: 3,674
Eary Friday morning......haven't heard anything about cancellation, and based on John's last post Bert and I will be at the causeway at 6:30 tomorrow morning.

Keeping my fingers crossed, and I hope to see everyone tomorrow.
__________________
Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-11-2002, 06:01 AM
juro's Avatar
juro juro is offline
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Steelhead country|striper coast|bonefish belt
Posts: 20,593
Weather man's been wrong a lot this season, hope the wind is less than the forecast and may you ride the lee to the promised land!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-11-2002, 10:13 AM
Quentin's Avatar
Quentin Quentin is offline
_
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Berkshire County, MA
Posts: 1,520
Hmm . . . I still have my Cape Cod Kayak gift certificates. Think they'd let me rent a dry suit instead of a kayak? :hehe:

See ya Saturday morning!

Q
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-11-2002, 11:47 AM
striblue's Avatar
striblue striblue is offline
President of CAC
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Plymouth and Chatham, MA
Posts: 7,518
Still no cancellation to this point...I will have to stay in Boston till 8 tonight...football game... so I will be at CAC 10 to 10:30 pm. So..on or not I will be at the causway tomorrow morning at around 6... I will let you Know by posting if it's off. Correct me if I am wrong ,but the latest forcast has no change in rain but winds are down to 10 to 15 from the NE.

Last edited by striblue; 10-11-2002 at 11:53 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #11  
Old 10-11-2002, 03:32 PM
JayM JayM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 32
Send a message via Yahoo to JayM
Latest from NOAA

Coastal waters from Montauk NY to Block Island RI to Marthas Vineyard
MA to Nantucket MA and 20 NM southeast-
Coastal waters from Provincetown MA to Chatham MA to Nantucket MA out
20 NM-
***1000 AM EDT Fri Oct 11 2002 ***
Small craft advisory


This afternoon: E Wind 15 to 20 kts early, increasing to 20 to 25 kts. Seas building to 4 to 8 Ft. Vsby 2 to 3 miles in rain and fog.
Tonight: E Wind 20 to 30 kts. Seas 5 to 10 Ft. Vsby 1 to 2 miles in rain and fog.
*****
Sat: E Wind 20 to 30 kts with occasional gusts to 35 kts. Seas 6 to 12 Ft. Vsby 2 to 3 miles in rain and fog.
****
Sat Night: E Wind 20 to 25 kts. Seas 6 to 12 Ft.
Sun: E Wind diminishing to 15 to 20 kts. Seas 5 to 10 Ft. Vsby near 3 miles in areas of rain and fog.

John, what time will you make the go/no go decision? Sounds like by late this evening. If it does cancel, I can be reached on my cell at 617 290 6873 if it is early in the am. Otherwise, I will be at the causeway at 6am.

Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #12  
Old 10-11-2002, 03:52 PM
BigDave BigDave is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: northeast salt chuck
Posts: 1,401
let'er rip

Up and down wind reports...I have faith the weather gods will be with us tomorrow

If not, the tides are right for a possible early AM sortie to a bayside creek or two.

BigDave over and out. John, got your message and will see you around 10:30 at CAC.

Yeep yer fingers crossed everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 10-11-2002, 05:07 PM
Rip Ryder Rip Ryder is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chatham Ma.
Posts: 279
Rip Trip Cancelled due to weather

Hi John,

I left you some messages on your voice mail and I figured I would also go this route to help save some of the guys from traveling down to the cape. Forecast is for winds of 20-30 and gusts to 35 on Sat. with seas of 4-8 feet Nantucket Sound. Sunday is pretty much the same with the left overs of Kyle coming through.
Just to much for the "Great Parker" to handle.
Unfortunately this was it for us this year. We will have to wait and try agian in the Spring. It is that time of year again to turn in the boat for a Harwich Cruiser.

Thank you and all the other memebers of the forum for your patronage again this season.

Capt Keith Lincoln
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14  
Old 10-11-2002, 05:46 PM
striblue's Avatar
striblue striblue is offline
President of CAC
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Plymouth and Chatham, MA
Posts: 7,518
Thanks Keith...I will be down tonight anyway and meet some of the guys that have not got the message...I will call you anyway..Thanks for everything this year..talk to you later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 10-11-2002, 06:04 PM
jfbasser's Avatar
jfbasser jfbasser is offline
Pencil me in.....
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The Nearside of the Middleside
Posts: 1,070
Breakfast anyone?

If there is a bayside trip of some sort (or even breakfast!) planned please post a rendezvous place and time. Some of us may make the ride down anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rip Trip ????? Now???? striblue Stripers and Coastal Gamefish 28 07-27-2007 07:44 AM
rip trip weather update. striperstripper Stripers and Coastal Gamefish 2 06-14-2005 06:38 PM
Good Luck Rip Trippers/Rip trip techniques craig Stripers and Coastal Gamefish 2 10-09-2002 11:08 PM
Sunday 7/12 Rip trip (Weather) ? Craig Stripers and Coastal Gamefish 4 07-13-2001 07:12 AM
Weather concern for rip trip 8-12-00? craig Stripers and Coastal Gamefish 3 08-11-2000 09:34 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 PM.



Copyright Flyfishingforum.com (All Rights Reserved)