October is....... - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2002, 10:57 AM

October is.......

Schoolie Appreciation Month.
The fat lady is being cleared through airport security to board a plane to New England. As usual I will predict that once again the Cape, South Shore, and Haba will go out before the good old No. Shore (sans PI).

LEfty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2002, 11:28 AM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
Here Here...all Arise for the Arrival of the Great Fat One. But...I did manage 3 more twinkies last night in Beverly again. Tides a little late now, gonna have to change ballparks.

Nick
Old 10-09-2002, 06:10 PM

Still a couple of weeks of albies in South County, RI. At least two more weeks after that for stripers. Bass are filling in the white water pockets along the rocky shores of RI as they leave points north and east. Now's the time for those legendary blitzes that will in live memory all through the fly tying season. Good time to land a fatty too!
Old 10-09-2002, 09:50 PM
Jonesin...

Saturday

Mike,
You coming down this way on Saturday? I was thinking of hunting for a few funny fish and maybe picking up a striped one or two!!! Haven't fished since the clave and I am getting antsy.

Sean
Old 10-10-2002, 07:52 AM

Sean,
Unfortunately, family obligations have eliminated this coming weekend from my fishing agenda. I keep trying to explain to my wife not to schedule me for any weekend in October but she just doesn't get it!
I heartily recommend you get out this weekend though. Looks like cloudy and rainy conditions may prevail. Just right for a nice daytime striper blitz! Or maybe a pre-dawn assault at Quonnie for bass prospecting followed by a stop at the WW or Weekapoug for speedsters. Oh, to be young and free again! The possibilities could be endless! You better get out now while you still can! Enjoy the freedom you've got now, it won't last much longer!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.