Chev Blazer - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2002, 05:09 AM

Chev Blazer

I have been driving a Chev Blazer since 1998, and I do take it off road at least once a week, between hunting and fishing. I have gotten such,:eyecrazy: every time it has been my fault, lazy, not letting air out of the tires, or not putting it in 4 wheel drive. The reason being, it has an led to tell you if it is in 4 wheel drive, and when the sun is shinning on the dash you can't see it. One time I had it buried with the back wheels 3 foot deep in the sand, up higher than the wheel wells. Finnally noticed, as the front wheels were not digging, put it into 4 wheel drive, and it walked right out. Every car or truck I have had since 1966 has been 4 wheel drive. The wife's car still runs, and looks good. I had it specially made for me back in 1982. It was an AMC Eagle. It has automatic air shocks, heavy duty transmission, cooling. It even has an on board air compressor. I use to pull a 3000 lb boat all over the northeast from Maine to NY. I wouldn't leave home without one. In the blizzard of 1978 I was one of the few cars on the road, used it for police work, even drove a woman in childbirth to a hospital, drove right up the stairs into the lobby. I drive the beaches of RI, and go anywhere I am allowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2002, 05:14 AM

I did it again. Posted a new subject when I meant to add a comment to Fed's 4 wheel drive thread. sorry. You got to forgive an old man.
Old 10-06-2002, 07:11 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

No problem! It was worth it's own thread!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.