Final Quarter - 2002 Fly Fishing Shows - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2002, 10:56 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Final Quarter - 2002 Fly Fishing Shows

First and foremost we should all give ourselves a pat on the back for the great job we've done so far in 2002. We continue to be a special community of anglers in cyberspace, very much unlike most communities on the internet in the way we behave on line and celebrate on the water together. We have thrived on the things we all do as a group as well as some outstanding individual efforts. We have gained new sponsors, and unfortunately lost many too.

This year we set a goal to have a booth at both the Seattle Flyfishing Show and the Boston Show. We have a great program at the shows, we invite sponsors and pros to our booth to tie their favorite fly with people attending tying along. Last year they got to keep the fly and a hvy duty SW flybox (ala Nick Svencer specials with Chris Delise stickers). In order to meet the pre-payment requirements for these booths, we will need one last push of sponsorships to make up for those who have not renewed their sponsorship for one reason or another.

It takes three sponsorships fund each show, so across the reach of our membership (worldwide) we need to recruit 6 new sponsors in this quarter. We also need to communicate to our existing sponsors how much we appreciate their support for the forum.

Please take any opportunities you can to mention sponsorship of our great community to anyone you think would make a good sponsor. If they seem interested, send me the info and one of us will follow up.

If anyone is good at this stuff (fundraising, etc) we'd love to have your skills put toward this cause.

Worse comes to worse if we can't get the fee raised we can skip one, or both shows
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2002, 11:30 PM

Well said.

At the risk of asking an obviously stupid question: Would direct contibutions from Board members help?

Where to send? My check book is on my desk ready to go. The amount of personal pleasure I've gotten from the Board, and it's diverse members, has been priceless beyond 'typed words.'

Iceing on the cake has been getting to met many.

fae
Old 10-06-2002, 12:05 AM
Wanna be striper bum

Juro,

Normally my brother would be asking a question like this but...

Do you (or any other members out there) have a problem with sponsorship from a brewery?

Some friends of mine from college started a brewery 4 years ago and now their beer is sold all over the New England area (mostly on the Cape, Boston and the Rhody Coast).

Let me know...
Old 10-06-2002, 12:05 PM

Juro, send e-mail me a sponsor prospectus. I might be able to help.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:09 PM
President of CAC

I make an annual contribution directly to Juro each year about the time of the shows...also...I feel negligent because this post just reminded me that I forgot to send Fred E. my check for Sean...Fred..can I still send it ...will you e-mail me..thanks.
Old 10-06-2002, 04:43 PM

Fred -

I think members have pulled their weight this year, we should try to develop more mutually worthwhile relationships with those in the business - manufacturers and pros.

In the future I think we should make member contributions more geared toward prestige items like the hats, trips, etc - something that we all get value from while giving to the cause.

There's not a lot left to do this year, the shows should cap it off.
Old 10-06-2002, 05:48 PM

Strub., you PM box is full so I'll do it this way.

Send the $6.60 to me at
KeyBank
2 East Main Street
Medford, OR

Juro, I also need you to e mail me your address so I can forward the collected funds.

Fred
Old 10-06-2002, 10:16 PM

Fred -

Thanks for collecting the funds to recover the $$ we advanced to pay for Sean's "Top Rod" service award as webmaster, database administrator and programmer for the Forum.

Snail mail:

Flyfishing Forum
PO Box 58
Groton MA 01450

The paypal half (~$135) was collected in full.

Juro
Old 10-06-2002, 10:18 PM

I wish I could say the same vis a vis the checks.

E mails will go out tomorrow.

fae
Old 10-07-2002, 07:36 AM

Back on the topic of Q4 funds, what everyone can do is (1) let our sponsors know we appreciate their support (2) let other businesses beyond our sponsors know about us and (3) support us at the fly show booth if you are in Seattle or Boston. Hopefully we can expand our presence over the years!

Thanks in advance,
Juro
Old 10-07-2002, 08:19 AM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
Juro,
Quick note kinda on topic. As goes with everything...the boxes have been replaced with some cheapo stuff that was designed to carry the contents. There are still plenty around, but not the unlimited supply. Should I grab a bunch for possible use this winter? Like I said...there's still greater than 1000 lying around, just that the supply is not endless.

Nick
Old 10-07-2002, 08:34 AM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
...if storeage is a problem...

Lots of room upstairs above "black ops"...
Nick, grab what you can and I'll make a pick-up run next time I venture to the DarkSide (of the Canal).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.