Rip Trip Confirmed - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2002, 10:18 AM
President of CAC

Rip Trip Confirmed

Spoke to Keith this morning and we are a go for Saturday October 12 at 7 a.m..... rain day Sunday.... Here is the list as I see it..but please let me know if I screwed anything up... I need firm committments this week...ASAP... from all on the list...this gets a little dicey without a sign up roster... What I have to date is...Me, Juro, JFbaser, Eddie, FredA, Doublehaul and Bert, JayM ,BigDave,Quentin,JimS, and Doc Duprey. Based on confirms to date. I see the alternates as Craig, CSJ60 ,Matt (Both have not indicated any interest since the first thread.)........I need the Go list to say yes or no...so I can fill any no goes with the alternates and any alternates that may pop up.... By the way..If we have a rain date for Sunday..I might not be able to go...so I will also need to make up a new list..BEFORE that weekend on Confirms for Sunday assumming some people can't make the rain date. Does all this make sense... I see that Adrian, Jimmy, smcdermott, birdfish, Penguin,Chris and Roop are out.. looks like we don't have enough for a second boat anyway... This trip is weather permitting and may not happen even if it does not rain...the wind will be a significant consideration also. By the way... I am going Saturday one way or another...so if we get cancellations which fall below the 12 number I need to know how committed the remaining people are to pay the difference ......Obviously ,we won't go if we have only 5 or something like that...but Keith can not gear up and get shafted on that morning...

Last edited by striblue; 10-04-2002 at 10:23 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2002, 10:28 AM
Fly chucker

Thanks, John. I've left messages for Bert and will confirm his presence as soon as I know.

If the trip is cancelled due to high wind or rain (or both), how soon will we know? Day of? Day before?

No matter what the weather, I'll be fishing, but would rather be on one of the beaches on Saturday morning if the rip is a no go.

You da man!
Old 10-04-2002, 10:42 AM
President of CAC

Mark... Friday Night..unfortunatly...because we really can't tell until the last minute... so guys should plan that Saturday is a fishing day... because I will not be able to get to everyone if it's cancelled at midnight on Friday or even the next morning...
Old 10-04-2002, 11:28 AM

John, you can scratch me from the alternates list, I'm headed north that weekend for brookies and ducks.

Good luck out there guys, hopefully you'll hit it just right this year. Take plenty of pics.

-Matt
Old 10-04-2002, 11:51 AM
deeply obsessed fly-guy

Rip Trip Confirmed

John,

I am a go, come wind or rain or...whatever. If no boat run due to wind and waves, I'll bu up for a walk on the beach with flyrod in hand.

-Doc

P.S.: Is the offer of accommodation at the CAC still open?
Old 10-04-2002, 11:57 AM
Middle Aged Member

I'm confirmed. I've got room in Dennis for anyone that wants to shorten the am commute.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:05 PM
_

OK, I'm definite for Saturday the 12th

I'll plan to be on the boat on Saturday and leave my options open for Sunday in case we need that for a rain date.

John, do you have a sleeping bag-sized piece of floor available at CAC for Saturday night? If so, that would simplify matters immensely.

Are you going to collect payment in advance? I can send it by Paypal if you want.

Q

edit: Fred, I just saw your message. I think I remember how to get to your place. Can I reserve a spot for Friday night and possibly Saturday night?

Q

Last edited by Quentin; 10-04-2002 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:16 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I am working out the last barriers to "yes" before committing. Once I commit I will be there hell or high water. Not able to say just yet.
Old 10-04-2002, 12:17 PM
President of CAC

Doc and Quentin..confirmed for CAC Saturday night....I am not hooked up to paypal..so just bring it with you
Old 10-04-2002, 03:00 PM
LT 20

I would like to go if I can get a spot.
Old 10-04-2002, 04:04 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
John, I'm in for Saturday, and the "rain date" for Sunday is also ok. Also, plan on me for an additional dollar amount if you don't max out with 12.

If any of the participants need a place to stay Friday, I've got room in E. Sandwich.

Thanks again for your time and energy in setting this trip up.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:11 PM

To Striblue

I was wanting for you to confirm dates. I made my commitment.
Old 10-04-2002, 09:41 PM
President of CAC

Sorry CJ..that's why I said to correct me...your in...... That would drop JimS to the alternate catagory based on the first come first serve basis. By looking at the numbers and responses so far I will confirm with Keith the numbers again..if we have only one or two alternates which we have now,maybe Keith can squeeze both of the alternates in .. Knowing Keith,I doubt it, but I will try.

Last edited by striblue; 10-04-2002 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:15 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Thanks Striblue! I know how much work these things can be, and we appreciate it.

I am going to have to be on the alternates list promoting anyone else who is definitely able to make it up to the main list.

If you remember a while back we had an auction for a ride aboard Capt.Ray's chariot (http://castaflycharters.com) and Brian Casey outbid everyone and invited me to tag along. Both Ray's donation and Brian's bid are great contributions to the Forum at a time when we really need it.

Knowing Ray, it's going to be a trip to remember and that may happen next weekend so I need to leave it open. Please put me on the alternates list.
Old 10-05-2002, 09:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to JayM
Committed for Saturday

John,

I am 100% confirmed for Sat regardless of weather.

Will meet you on the causeway at the time you specify for our departure.

I will be traveling the rest of this week without email but will check this thread on Thursday evening for any updates.

Jay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.