Rhody Part II - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-30-2002, 09:08 AM

Rhody Part II

Who's in for the weekend coming.

I've reset the signup sheet, so if your interested please sign up again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2002, 02:42 PM

Next Saturday Grego has his second annual Tuniod - Scup Clave going on. All this takes place around the South County shore too aboard the Cast a Fly.

It's easy to find him, just look for the most animated fly caster out there. He's the one yellling, "reel... reel.... reel."
Ablies find him like lint to velcro.

Perhaps our wakes will cross. Would be glad to help out any boatsmen that needs information about the area. Can set up a nautical command post to monitor the front and tactical support movement.

Last edited by RayStachelek; 09-30-2002 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:48 PM
2 handed Fly Chucker

I expect to be down friday with the two boys. Looking forward to it, hope the weather is good for us.

Greg.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:25 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I am going to try my arse off to make this one. I will approach the subject with my better half when the time is right
Old 10-01-2002, 06:17 PM
_

Sounds tempting but . . .

I'm not sure if I can make it. I may try to make a scouting trip tomorrow or Thursday, and a day trip on Sunday might be possible depending on what Lili does.

Q
Old 10-01-2002, 08:51 PM
BB5 Survivor

I look forward to your collective reports....heading over
to the sandbar this weekend, but expect/hope to be
hitting Rhody starting the weekend of the 12th and
every weekend thereafter until the weather gets too
cold, or the fishing too slow.

With any luck (read warm water/stable weather patterns)
I'd like to hit a tunoid in November this year!

--j
Old 10-02-2002, 09:01 AM

I'm gonna be there fishing saturday either way but would love to hook up with the group if there is one.

Jim, if you're getting a tent site at Burlingame, I suggest you ask for Area One. That's the one we had last weekend and it is huge. Plenty of room to fully take advantage of the generous three car per site limit. Three tents plus all the camping and cooking gear will fit easily. Putting three tents means the three guys or family units can split the cost three ways making it about $10.00 a piece. I may consider staying sat night if there is a good group and/or the fishing looks good. Would definately be looking to share a site to cut cost.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:06 AM

Yes,

I will be down there.

Unfortunately, I will have to skoot right after the Cpt. Ray trip. Wy wife is going to a family reunion in NH, so I am in charge of not only our Dog, but also the in-laws. I made arrangements for Saturaday AM, but I'll have to get back in the afternoon.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:52 PM
2 handed Fly Chucker

MikeZ - Looks like JimW is paired up with a friend already. Your welcome to join me and the boys at my site. Matt and Brandon might have some fun together as well.

For the saturday dinner I wasn't planning on anything too fancy.

Grilled marinated chicken sandwiches or perhaps a sauted roast beef sandwich with onion, mushrooms and herbs in a red wine sauce. Some veggies and dip or something. It won't be quite the same with out the Estey's peach cobbler, But will get by.

Greg.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:08 AM

Not sure if we'll swing the overnight thing, but gonna try real hard. Don't want to miss the get together in the evening [one of my favorite parts of the claves] and would be too tough to drive home after dinner.
Also not sure if my boys will be joining me or not. Mom's attending a booth at the Topsfield Fair that day and the boys are conflicted about which would be more fun. Working in my favor is the fact that 12 year old Joel is jealous that little brother Matt got an albie. If Joel decideds to go with me, Matt will probably come just to be sure Joel doesn't get to do something he doesn't. Sheesh! This is getting complicated! I've come a long way since I used to keep a mattress and a couple of rods in the back of my old Impala wagon and just fish and crash wherever, whenever I felt like it!

Either way, looking forward to meeting you and the boys. Any plan yet on where you will be fishing saturday?
Old 10-03-2002, 07:15 AM

Looks good for a Sat day trip for me. I have many conflicts and things that should get done that I've committed to many but with ol' man winter knockin' I am going to have to do it.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:56 AM
2 handed Fly Chucker

MikeZ - Well no firm plans on where to fish saturday. With significant winds in the forcast we may move up into Narragansett, back side of Napatree or try the salt pond/breachways. 20 - 30 knots will make it tough especially for the boys unless I find some sheltered fishing for them.

Greg.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:38 AM

Good point. Winds, seas subsiding on Sunday - but I can't make it (figures).
Old 10-03-2002, 09:07 AM
2 handed Fly Chucker

Weather

It's amazing how it's looks alot like last weekends forcast. Darn hurricane season anyway, effect weather for many miles. I have some good spots in mind, But I won't be posting them. Have to come see us down at the clave.

Greg.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:34 AM

Mike, as Greg said I'm full if My Bro-in-Law comits to the trip. He's arriving on Saturday. I have room for one in the camper on Friday night. I recall you saying you didn't carry a cellphone, how do you suggest we hook up Sat. I'll PM you my cell if it helps.

I'm bringing a big tarp, just to ward off the rain spirits.
Speaking of spirits.....
Got the cleaning supplies covered. A couple Gallons of water. 4 thick bluefin tuna steaks with ginger sesamee grill sauce. A small gas grill. Stove on the camper.

Rich or Chuck - one of those high powered Coleman stoves would be a good backup. Not sure how much propane is in the tank.

GregD, the stir fry sounds outstanding. I'll pick up some rice or something too. The heat the hut beans ingredients purchased in quatities for a much greater scale so I'll probably skip those.

GregO, Al's got my cell if you guys want to hook up at some point.

ScottZ - You out there. Still interested in hitting Rhody.

I'll put a sheet up on the bulliten board at burlingame and who ever gets a site can see where the others are camping, maybe get something close by.

I'm taking off very early tomorrow morning, dropping off the camper and fishing who knows where.

Any other clavers?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.