LK Michigan - Milwaukee to Muskegon Ferry - Fly Fishing Forum
Great Lakes Steelhead & Salmon Amazing "Inland ocean" fisheries

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2002, 02:35 PM

LK Michigan - Milwaukee to Muskegon Ferry

fyi

Does not look like this would help to reduce my travel time to West Michigan rivers from Chicago, if the ferry ride is 2 hours across the lake. Would take me an 1-1.5 hours to get to Milwaukee, + 2 hour ferry, + 1 hour to rivers for a total travel time of 4-4.5 hours. Now i can do it to the rivers north of Muskegon in 3.5 to 4 hours. Plus the ferry cost would probably be more than the $ 40 for 1.5 tanks of gas.

Would benefit michigan and wisconsin fisherman that are close to the ferry ports from having to drive around the southern side of lake michigan.

If it ever constructed that is. Beleive this is a risky financial venture unless it could move commercial freight also such as that carried by the trucks, but I donot think this is in the plans.

Looks like I will be driving up and back to steelhead blue ribbon country for the rest of my days.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muchronicl...9463011211.xml
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.