So How much is the fly shop guy worth? - Page 4 - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2002, 09:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to roballen
Flyboy any discussion that people are makes people think is a good one. Even if it is futile and based completely off opinion. If we weren't talking about this what would we be talking about?? I am glad so many people have opinions about issues like this, the more opinions people have and share the more opportunity I have to learn something
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2002, 11:36 PM
Pullin' Thread

Flyboy,

And the more newcomers will learn about what constitutes good customers service, good adviceon equipment, and help them decide whether thelocal shop is worthyof their hard-earned dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2002, 10:16 AM

Stopped at my local fly shop again this week, I am getting to love these guys, no pressure, give my free tips on new flies and where to go in the great lakes area. They are honest and know their subject matter, and have some high ethics. I just may be making my next large $$ purchase item from them. Now I amjust buying fly tying supplies and miscellanous small stuff like leaders etc. No rods, reels, waders yet etc...

Since their shop is at least 1-2 hours away from the prime trout and salmon rivers they have no $$ incentive to stear me to one specific location plus they donot have a guiding business.

Hope they stay in business, I will do my part to support them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.