Rhody Sun AM - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2002, 09:53 AM

Rhody Sun AM

It looks like I've got a free pass for tomorrow AM, and I'm planning on heading down to Rhody.

Are any of the clavers going to be around and fishing tomorrow? From where I am, almost all of rhody is about the same drive, so I haven't made any plans on destination yet. Where's everyone going to be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2002, 06:20 PM
Flats Rat

Matt

I plan to head to Quonny first thing - unless anyone has better suggestion - should be there by about 7:30. Black Jeep, Blue WS Tarpon Kayak.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:25 PM
Jonesin...

West Wall

Adrian and Matt,
I just got back from the Camp Ground and had a terrrific dinner and conversation with the guys. Fishing was slow today with the water very cloudy in all areas. The plan is to meet at the West Wall at dawn. Hopefully this did not reach you too late. Hope to see you there.

Sean
Old 09-29-2002, 06:58 PM
CantAnchorUs

Diner was magnificent! These guys know how to do it in STYLE!!!
Old 09-30-2002, 08:42 AM

Well, I was at the west wall almost all day yesterday, I probably ran into a few guys from here but didn't recognize anyone.

While I was there the fish showed up briefly around 8ish, and then again at about 12:30, and that was it. I didn't get any shots in the morning, and I had just tied on wire and a bluefish fly when they showed up in the afternoon. Just in case there was any lingering doubts: Albies don't like wire! I managed to cut off the wire and get a bonito bunny on in time to get one good hit & miss on a pod of cruising fish: I saw the fish swim by me right along the wall and threw a cast after them. One fish from the pod turned back and came right out of the water while hitting my fly- unfortunately his aim was off.

The bluefish were pretty thick yesterday, as were the peanuts. The albies were pretty dissappointing, but maybe next time.

I left at 3ish without seeing anyone hookup with an albie. There were a few people left on the wall, anyone from here?
Old 09-30-2002, 10:00 AM

hey Matt! That was me and my son Matt who were right next to you when you missed that hit. I saw the swirl and hoped the fish were heading my way, but no such luck.
We stayed for maybe another hour and saw albies running the beach near shore but no good shots. Matthew had been a real trooper all weekend, tolerating all sorts of discomforts and boring grownup talk, but after two solid 12 hour days of fishing without a fish, he put his foot down. "I want to go home!" is not a statement a wise father will ignore. So we did.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.