...NorthEast Grande Slam...well, not quite... - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2002, 04:00 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
...NorthEast Grande Slam...well, not quite...

Saturday (for real) Chatham...YakAttack, way out there...3 hours into the drop...New SA Striper line with a tasteydeseaver a'la Penguin...
Part I...Nice cast...wait, wait, wait, strip, wait, strip, wait, strip, BANG.
Line gets really tight and starts to leave basket at a high rate of speed...no spagetti knotz, doink doink doink doink doink...backing heading south...
Nice fat 39" set free to fight another day...
Part II...Way way outside big Mr Bluefish destroys fly but misses 16# flouro leader...corner of mouth easy release...
Part III...Way way way outside...Blind casting into deep water...
Line gets really tight and flies off real...drag working as expected for high tech price paid...Attack Submarine?! Who has who?!
Mr Seal shows self with a 9.8 Bulgarian semi-breach...I let line go slack and eventually barbless hook comes loose...
Too bad...Woulda' made a nice hat and coat (JUST KIDDING!)...
Westerly wind, calm, no weedzz, sunny, and absolutely worth the price of admission...
Winter DayDream material...
Be careful out there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2002, 04:53 PM
Pencil me in.....

Good Job

Glad you had a good day...I was tied up in one of those BASS things (ughh) lost the lunker pool by the weight of a bunker and to top it off I forgot my shirt with all the patches:hehe:
Old 09-14-2002, 06:14 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I knew they would come back to the promised land in the fall

Ditto on the seal, mine was on the flats and I saw the take

But no joy for me this weekend, I was carrying my kid's belongings into a dorm room, same drill for the last few weekends if not painting or some other parental pennace!

All work and no fishing makes Juro a dull boy... all work and...

If it weren't for the Spey casting I've been doing in any puddle I drive past I would have long gone crazy. Consequently I am getting a bit comfy with the two-hander for my next PNW visit.

No consolation though, I can't wait to tie on a brute striper!
Old 09-15-2002, 12:24 AM
Wanna be striper bum

Pete,

Sorry I did not get a hold of you. I was paddling around like mad and I got off track. I was parking on sandbars all over the place looking for a 39" fish. As it turns out - you had that fish! No wonder I didn't find it.

I do not know why I didn't join you. I got caught up looking for Jeff B and I deviated from my plan. The plan was to fish where you were! You being there was a bonus but since I found an acre school of bunker I figured that I would wait for Mr. Bass to show up. He never did.

Thanks for the Area 61 offer too Pete. Maybe another time!

-Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.