MONOMOY CLAVE - Fathers Day - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2001, 10:09 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

MONOMOY CLAVE - Fathers Day

Well it doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that it's time for a Monomoy Clave. We need a meister, and the reward for services is a guided trip with one of the biggest names on the flats.

I know it's short notice but like they say, you have to be there yesterday and it's yesterday!!

Nickerson's group sites are held for groups only, I got one for June 10th last year no problem. They also have those new round huts with electricity, talkin' about a flytying room for 20-30 people with no bugs and lights!

If the group is small we might be able to pitch tents closer at some of the member's cottage backyards, possibly. Can't have a woodstock though. Someday we might own our own porta potty but we're not there yet ;D

Certainly do-able for day-trippers but the overnights are just so much fun and much safer (no over-tired drivers returning after the outing).

So tie up your sand eels, crabs, shrimp, juvie squid, chubs, and other estuary snack flies and join in - the timing should be PERFECT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2001, 10:15 AM
Flats Rat

Juro

That will be day 4 of my 6 day assault on Monomoy

We'll be out with Jopp during the day but if you decide to finish up at the lighthouse we'll probably find you.
Old 06-11-2001, 10:23 AM
President of CAC

Juro... What dates are we looking at?
Old 06-11-2001, 10:24 AM
President of CAC

Also... should we schedule the Rip trips now if possible with Keith.. I will Meister one or more of those.
Old 06-11-2001, 10:36 AM

John,

We are talking about this coming weekend, Sunday being Father's Day. The full boat will get us 7am (I will beg Keith for 6am) to beat the rush and get a little more time on the flood. Yakkin' over at dawn is an option, I am considering it. I might even take Monday as a vacation day, we'll see. In any case there are a ton of fish inside right now, carpe diem.

Fortunately the Rip Trips are just a matter of a phone call and a sign up sheet which we can use over and over so we'll be able to crank that activity up quickly once the inside fishery settles into the resident patterns and the migrants move on. IMHO there's too much going on inside still. I like to use the rip as the savior from dog days. What's your opinion - should we try one now and see what we might be missing?
Old 06-11-2001, 10:59 AM
Middle Aged Member

I'm in for fathers day but I'll be earning that on Saturday (honey do list).

By the way I agree that there is too many other opportunities right now and the Rip Trips should be saved for the dog days.
Fred A.
Old 06-11-2001, 12:00 PM

Juro,

I can't make it down Saturday (canoe trip and then babysitting), but please count me in for Sunday. I can be down in Chatham early Sunday morning (6 or 7am) for the shuttle trip out. I loved attending the tying clave that Sully put on, and would enjoy getting out to fish with you guys. Since my trip down there on Saturday (report in previous post by Striblue) I am anxious to get back down there.

Thank you for the recommendation you gave me last month. I can't be the clave meister for this one, but please let me know if I can help in some other capacity.

Thanks,

Pete
Old 06-11-2001, 12:12 PM
President of CAC

Juro, I agree.. there is too much in arms reach and the dog days are more appropriate for the rip trip. Please count me in for Sunday Morning. I will come down Saturday Night. Maybe Yak at dawn.. fish till 1 or 2 then back to CAC for final of US Open. Sorry... just a break from fishing for a few hours. I may forgo that and fish right though.
Old 06-11-2001, 04:21 PM

Since acquiring a "taste" for fresh dead bait and in the hopes of coming upon some tempting cephalopod(s) I intend to be at the "light house" bright and early on Saturday to shake down unsuspecting baitslingers. With any luck they will head for Nauset and leave the point for the deserving Mayor Morin. (A groundhog's day replay on Sun)

p.s.
After "jungle survival", "water survival", living in Thailand and Yemen...the fresh dead bait was quite acceptable.

p.p.s.
I have reserved a room in Dennisport for Sat PM(16June). Any member who might care to share the digs, let me know ASAP.
(I have some industrial strength Listerine so breath should not be a concern)
Old 06-11-2001, 04:44 PM

Glad the unagi was acceptable at Big Girl's Bait and Sushi Bar. They look a lot like smelt but longer and they are favorites on a huge list of organisms menu from whales to puffins to stripers.

I look forward to stalking the shadows with you on the flats.
Old 06-11-2001, 10:14 PM

Send a message via ICQ to tomd
Juro, I'm in for whatever on Sunday morning. I'll bring the yak if you guys are gonna yak it. Tom D
Old 06-11-2001, 11:39 PM

*** SIGNUPS for an EARLY SHUTTLE ***

If we get enough people we can beat the crowds and get extra time on the early morning flood.

Please reply if you can do a 6am shuttle on Sunday.

Juro
Old 06-12-2001, 04:49 AM
Middle Aged Member

I'll do the 6:00am.

Fred A.
Old 06-12-2001, 08:32 AM

Juro,

I can commit for two with the possibility of a third, but two definitely for the 6am shuttle.

Pete
Old 06-12-2001, 08:36 AM

Cool that's 4 or 5, we are half way there already.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.