Rhody Clave Camping - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2002, 05:19 AM

Thumbs up Rhody Clave Camping

Thinking of camping at the Rhody clave. Since they don'yt take reservations for tent camping is there a general plan of how we can all camp near one another? Maybe when we register we could put Rhody Clave near one centeral site and the others can try and get sites near this. Any other thoughts on this one? FishHawk
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2002, 10:49 AM
2 handed Fly Chucker

Good question FishHawk,

I was thinking if we knew before hand how many sites and what names they are under. MAYBE Then the first member in could prepay and register all
the rest. You can't pick you site that way, But we would have a better chance to all be in a block.

I am planning on an early arrival friday, I could try it if I know how many and the required info.

Greg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2002, 12:38 PM

I plan on heading down Thursday night which may turn into Friday morning. I've got Friday off work so I'd like to get the Fri AM fishing in too.
I called the campground and one person can only get one site, more than one person can stay on the site but we can't pay for multiple sites without multiple people.

Anyway, What about puttting something on the bulletin board at the campground, they'll let us do that. When someone checks in put your site number and name on the list. Maybe have an idea of who's staying on who's site in advance. Cell phones should take care of the rest.

http://www.riparks.com/Burlmap.pdf
I'm shooting for sites 100-130 just because they are near the cabins.

I think those who plan on staying in cabins should contact Fliboy so he can make a reservation.

I'll do my best to sweet talk the attendants into holding a few adjacent sites in that area.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:13 PM

Jim,
I'm a possible for the friday morning crew. Won't know until that week unfolds. If so I will grab a sight.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:06 PM

I plan on grabbing a site Friday morning. Those us who are checking in Friday should pick a time to meet and we can all go in together. At least we'll get a few sites together.
What time do the Friday arrivals plan on showing up?
Old 09-12-2002, 08:44 PM

I also have Friday off, and will head down around 5:30 AM. I will reserve a cabin - anyone out there need a spot in the cabin?

Last time we did Burlingame the sites around the cabins where we set up festivities. It is also toward the back of the site, and we would be less of a disturbance to other campers.

Is it absolutely necessary to mail the darn thing in to reserve a cabin. It sure would be nice if they would let you register on-line, or at least fax the darn thing. Don't they realize we're in the new millenium and computers don't take up a small room?

Watch out Hardtails - the boyz are headed your way!

TL,

Dave
Old 09-13-2002, 05:04 AM

Thumbs up

I too will be there Friday. Will meet whoever at the set time at the campground. FishHawk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.