Fly Fishing Forum banner

Monomoy G O T H E R E ! ! !

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JimW 
#1 ·
Posting as promised.
Went to South beach today. Saw many - Many fish. A good day. Chuck and I hit South beach today at 8:00am started seeing fish to the south of the drop off around 9:30am. I also saw Dave (Pearson)? who was off the dredge a channel. How'd you do Dave. The fish were traveling South to North and there is a ridge that they see m to follow in from the weeds. Chuck hooked up first with a nice 28" then I got a 18". around 10:30 I hooked into a good one. A bit of a knuckle bust and 5minutes later I had a 31" with sea lice in hand. The fish was released to hopefuly grow many more inches. The fishing was really cool because you could see the fish cruising. The two fish I got were sight strike fishing but not true site fishing. There were quite a few people around 11ish and the fishing got tough but everyone said these were the best visibility conditions seen in a while. We started seeing more fish but they seemed to be just taking a shortcut over the flats and were not eating. By now ,noonish, there were about 18 people where 2 had been. Chuck and I departed that flat and figured we'd hit the channel at the drop off. I managed to break my rod (not on a fish) but was able the chuck QD as well or better than with the tip in place. No more fish and No Maine for us due to a health problem with the owner of the cottage. :( I may see you one day this weekend. Good luck.

#3 ·
how do I get to south beach??? I may get a release for early morning. or would another spot be better in the early morning. I may try my old stompin grounds in Deluxbury if not the cape. Tom D

#5 ·
John, thanks for the generous offer but the wife reeled me in faster than a schoolie when she found out my trip to Maine was cancelled. I'd love to visit the famous CAC if the opportunity arises, but I don't know it's location.

Tom, Duxbury has bait and schoolies but most of the reports I've heard have been of the larger fish on live herring and mack.

Hope you guys nailed the big ones...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.