Retro Report - Steelheader on the Flats - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2002, 12:55 AM
CND The Spey Underground

Retro Report - Steelheader on the Flats

Yikes! I finally did it. I just got this photo program and I finally figured out how to reduce the image to Forum standards.

In early July I was fortunate enough to experience the Cape and its wonders as Penguin's guest at Area 61 - an awesome treat - just check out Bubba his alter-ego in the Chick Magnet thread! I too have some photos of the goings on at Area 61 - fodder for later posts.

I had the great fortune to be tutored by the Jedi Master - Juro on the art of Flats Fishing. It was a bit frustrating at first, but eventually I got. I am very proud of this fish as it was the first one I caught that I saw at a considerable distance, made the correct presentation (in a heavy North Monomoy current) and got to watch as the rascal turned and clobbered the fly - way cool!

Thanks Juro and Pete

Still Living Large!

Last edited by kush; 09-03-2002 at 01:06 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2002, 03:32 AM
Junkyard Spey

Hey Kush,

Nice picture Admiral.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:19 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

That was a day to remember! As was the following Friday

I remember that fish as well, a real victory on a fairly tough day all around but the swan song came through and you definitely have the "knack" sir!
Old 09-03-2002, 06:17 PM
CND The Spey Underground

Juro I wish I had some photos of that final day!

The fish below was one I got at Brewster Flatz with Penguin. Though we were in the shallows the visibility was too poor to sight fish and I hooked this one blind casting into a trough. This was a cool day as we hit Brewster as part of a Penguin-led Yak Attack. Pete will chuckle as he'll remember how my wife took to Yakking like a duck to water, while I just...uh, took to the water.

This beauty did help me recover some of self-respect!

ps - I am new to this photo posting - I need to figure out this resolution stuff - I think I look this fuzzy after 2 martinis!

Still Living Large!

Last edited by kush; 09-03-2002 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:59 PM
d'PhlightlessPhlyPhisher

Location: Kape Kodistan, People's Republik of Taxachusetts & Penguinia
...International Incident Averted!...

The general public was never in danger, no one got hurt (maybe a bit wet), and the pleasure was all mine (or at least most of it)...
I enjoyed the company, not to mention Sandi's handiwork in the kitchen!
Being able to share a few special places and put you on to a few fish was gravy...I can still kick myself for sleeping in on that Friday of note...'Glad someone cashed in on that big slot machine!
The fish all went on their way after the dance...and I've got some swell new friendz and your photos are bringing it all back!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	area61.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	796  
Old 09-03-2002, 10:42 PM
President of CAC

Kush..those are great pictures...I am glad you were able to post them and I look forward to your return trip...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.