Now this is "stranger than fiction!" - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2002, 06:18 PM

Now this is "stranger than fiction!"

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/...6/1423075.html

Picked this up on another Board.
fae
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2002, 07:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Netwolf232
Now that's a true fisherman!!!! I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me.:
Old 09-02-2002, 08:19 PM

Now thats perfectly logical thinking by a CPA fisherman, why ruin
a day of fishing, no rush, perfectly logical. Love those CPAs, hey I am one of those types
Old 09-02-2002, 09:02 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Now that's keeping a level head

Sorry, had to say it. Gotta say, that's the way to go. Had similar situation, luckily no body.

About 2 years ago was floating the upper Hoh. Came into a slot called the rock garden. I have extremely good eyesight, so a good 100+ yards upstream I saw what looked to be the bow of a driftboat. My girlfriend and her Dad had no idea what I was looking at. Well, sure enough, it was a sunken DB sitting next to one of the huge boulders in the slot submerged with just the bow sitting out. Looked in decent shape, just a bad turn of events. Well, as we floated downstream found gear, gear, and LOTS of gear. We started joking that we were finding "Bob's" gear, as in BOBbing in the water. Then, as we came around next bend we saw two boots side by side, tread up, in a deep backeddie. Talk about heart stopping. As I rowed over to the boots we could see they were JUST boots. Still can't believe what the odds were that they would end up like that (should've bought a lottery ticket).

Now, these guys are my type of fishermen. My hats off to them.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:41 PM
President of CAC

Love those quotations... reminds of a story a couple years back from Australia.. were a fishermen went overboard... His "mates" couldn't find him so thay continued to fish...why ruin a good day... The unfortunate guys head was later found in the stomach of a grouper.
Old 09-02-2002, 11:57 PM

Strub ..... I don't think I ...

needed to know that. Yuck!!!!

"69" ever hear what happened to the folks in the boat? Safe?

fae
Old 09-03-2002, 04:31 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Safe and sound

Actually, it was first time I ever met Bob and Fishgal from piscatorialpursuits page (the big Bob lol). I always do the Morgan's Crossing to Oxbow drift on the upper Hoh. Lot's of good fly and conventional water. Well, only two trailers in front of us at the drop in. Come to find out, one was Bob's, the other the two guys in sunken DB. We were maybe 20 min's behind them. I guess guys in glass DB (from heresay) were drinking and hit a couple rocks, spun, and sunk boat when gunwhale tipped under waterline. I guess Bob was RIGHT behind them with clients. He scooped them out and went straight down to pullout. I normally take a good 12-14 hours (depending on daylight hours) floating the river. So as I pulled out at end of day, my girlfriend and her Dad went to get my truck/trailer. As I sat with my cataraft resting Bob, a friend, and fishgal pulled up in his DB. They told me about what had happened. They eventually got the DB out (probably with one helluva come-a-long and a few hundred yards of rope lol). But all were safe and sound. Not for sure, but heard one may have been a "board member" of the City of Forks, but yet again that was heresay. I was just glad that the only "bob" involved was the guide who fished guys out, not a real life dead guy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.