Need three members who have never got a legal on a fly... - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2001, 04:30 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Need three members who have never got a legal on a fly...

to join me at the "honey hole" located in the span between the Sagamore Bridge and P-town ;D.

Chances are good that the you "won't come out the way you went in". Must have a Forum hat and be available for a day on the cape within the next two weekends during the times I specify.

Must reply to this thread, no email please (I am having trouble with it lately).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2001, 04:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to jborkowski
I suppose I don't qualify anymore.

Who'd a thunk it...there are some disadvantages to having one good day.
Old 06-05-2001, 04:57 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Juro,

I am not saying that I am looking to go on this next trip (1st time on this trip was a charm). However, I want to tell anybody who signs up for this adventure that they will not come out of the trip in the same state that they were in before embarking on the trip.

You may not catch a keeper during the trip but your addiction to catching stripers on the fly will certainly strengthen - by orders of magnitude. I know mine did!

Thanks again Juro.

-Mike
Old 06-05-2001, 05:19 PM

There were no other anglers (of any gear type) and more big fish the day after. Things were better earlier than later and they were easier to reach because they were on the shelf. I hooked a fish in the mid-30"s on my third cast (lost trying to hand the rod off to my guest). He eventually landed his own cow. My wild-assed prediction is that this spot will get better for several more days then like all amazing things it will end until some phase of the season down the road. You can bet I will try it in autumn but I suspect it might not re-occur until next end-of-spring. One for the books for sure.
Old 06-05-2001, 06:06 PM
President of CAC

Please Mr. Juro.. I have never caught a keeper..can I come.. I am so nervious about this. What should bring? I have answered this post. My friend J. Morin let me use his handle to post this. He and I look alot alike... He will lend me the hat and his equipment... I look forward to it ... where will we meet.
Old 06-05-2001, 06:14 PM
Middle Aged Member

I guess I qualify. The one near keeper I didn't get to measure and the picture suggest its a little short. Plus, I'm in a terrible slump.

Regards,
Fred A.
Old 06-05-2001, 06:58 PM

Quote:
FredA (06-05-2001 06:14 p.m.):
I guess I qualify. The one near keeper I didn't get to measure and the picture suggest its a little short. Plus, I'm in a terrible slump.

Regards,
Fred A.
Yer' IN! Two more spots in my oversand sled...
Old 06-05-2001, 07:01 PM

Quote:
striblue (06-05-2001 06:06 p.m.):
Please Mr. Juro.. I have never caught a keeper..can I come.. I am so nervious about this. What should bring? I have answered this post. My friend J. Morin let me use his handle to post this. He and I look alot alike... He will lend me the hat and his equipment... I look forward to it ... where will we meet.
If you know striblue well enough to use his handle you probably have more fish pictures on the wall than the aquarium! That's a lot - about half of what's hanging at the Chatham ANglers club ;-)
Old 06-05-2001, 07:21 PM

Just to clarify, this is all just for fun... but I think it would be amusing to try! I wanted to call it the virgin clave but then no one would sign up ;D

Please do not construe this to be anything more than a fun event.

When one breaks the mark, he/she cheers the rest on and helps in any way possible. This might involve prospecting around the area to see if there are fish in nearby spots that the 'still virgins' might choose to try.

Watch - we'll have the micro day of the millenia! Who cares, it will be fun and if we pulled it off it could be the start of a new peak season tradition!
Old 06-05-2001, 07:23 PM
Flyfishing on the brain..

After spending part of the weekend with my three boys fishing and catching nothing, I guess I Qualify. I can honestly say I have never caught a keeper on a fly. No pressure to accomplish this Juro; good company and the learning experience is what I am looking for. Any weekend is open as of now. Lunch and beverages on me. J.D.
Old 06-05-2001, 07:26 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Dad,

Did I miss the adoption ceremony this weekend? Is Jeff now a Doogue?

Just kidding!

Get me a picture of you with a big fat striper.

-Mike
Old 06-05-2001, 07:38 PM

Quote:
OldDoogue (06-05-2001 07:23 p.m.):
After spending part of the weekend with my three boys fishing and catching nothing, I guess I Qualify. I can honestly say I have never caught a keeper on a fly. No pressure to accomplish this Juro; good company and the learning experience is what I am looking for. Any weekend is open as of now. Lunch and beverages on me. J.D.
Done! Glad I can do something to say thanks for your contributions at the Spring Clave.

Looking forward to it.
Old 06-05-2001, 09:44 PM

I hate to admit it but I qualify for this one as well.
Old 06-05-2001, 09:52 PM
President of CAC

Oh well.. don't I get "A" for effort... I'm sorry, I could'nt help it. I feel so bad trying to be sneaky.
Old 06-05-2001, 10:09 PM

Just for the record, odd as it is, I have the hat, and do not have the keeper notch carved yet. No Juro, I personally do not hold that fish on Big Girl as being landed. And somehow , having caught 100 in the 25-28" range last year doesn't add up to one lousy keeper. If it's a day I can get away, and someone drops out I'll do it.

TerryW

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.